Author Topic: How will the parsing of files turn out?  (Read 7330 times)

Haikarainen

How will the parsing of files turn out?
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:07:53 pm »
Hey, I'm all new to this forum, so judge lightly :P

One thing I wanted to bring up: How will cb parse headerfiles and such for codecompletion in the future? A nagging thing I've always experienced is when you add a new file to a project, it doesn't parse its class-declarations/methods until you restart the whole IDE, will this be changed?  Same thing goes for when you #include another library(take SFML/Graphics.hpp for example), without configuring the buildoptions to actually look for it in the right path, and then when you do configure it the parser still refuses to scan it until you save & restart.

I was gonna post this in the "Using codeblocks"-forum first but since I noticed you're working on a redesign of the whole system I might as well just ask how the progress is going, I can imagine I'm not the only one with the same problem. :)

Thanks!

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: How will the parsing of files turn out?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:36:55 am »
welcome!!!

Hey, I'm all new to this forum, so judge lightly :P
One thing I wanted to bring up: How will cb parse headerfiles and such for codecompletion in the future?
What does this sentence means? can you give more details?

A nagging thing I've always experienced is when you add a new file to a project, it doesn't parse its class-declarations/methods until you restart the whole IDE, will this be changed? 
Which version cb did you use? if it happens in the latest svn version, then this is bug should be fixed.

Same thing goes for when you #include another library(take SFML/Graphics.hpp for example), without configuring the buildoptions to actually look for it in the right path, and then when you do configure it the parser still refuses to scan it until you save & restart.
here you do two things:
A, you add the statement "#include XXX" in your code
B, you add some search paths in the build options.

If you do A first, then the parser should filed to find the include header file, so even you do B later, then those tokens were not collected.

If you do B first, then I think these include files can be parsed, if Not, then it should be a cc's bug.

I was gonna post this in the "Using codeblocks"-forum first but since I noticed you're working on a redesign of the whole system I might as well just ask how the progress is going, I can imagine I'm not the only one with the same problem. :)
cc need to be redesigned. look at the svn change log, there are many changes since last two years, but still a lot of problems remained.

If you would like to contribution, then we can work together to improve it. I just think that we need a practical redesigned plan. :D

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.