Author Topic: gcc-4.6.1 builds availiable  (Read 31171 times)

Offline reckless

• Regular
Re: gcc-4.6.1 builds availiable
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 07:13:22 pm »
oh they do :) ok account created and uploading now. if anyone could help me setup a wiki id be much obliged.

for C:.B itself i have set the support page to the C::B forums, i hope thats ok ?.

also as a token if anyone has ideas or need space for something cool for C::B they can host it on my sourceforge account (if its GPL or otherwise compliant). feel free to pm me and ill setup access.

since theres so many things you can do with this package allready i suspect ill have to write up one massive wiki  :lol: so any help in that regard is most welcome as stated above.

i hope to also make the sources for my special tools and ports available and setup a patch tracker + svn access. if anyone got inside on how to do that on sourceforge let me know :).

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 09:30:48 pm »
You may enter your project, and install svn from Admin-Tools-svn, you can named it svnCode, and you will find svnCode tab in your project.
Regards,
xunxun

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 02:55:37 am »
thanks for the hint :) and page is up https://sourceforge.net/p/cbadvanced/home/Home/

ill add svn tools soon took me all day to get the page setup and writing a bit about it so i rather smashed  :lol: ill get to it after a good nights sleep :)

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 06:51:42 pm »
seems the setup autocreated the svn setup allthough it seems im the only one with access ? hmm.

going to read a bit on correctly modifying things on sourceforge.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 02:39:14 am »
slowly getting there :)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced/files/

some neat additions to the msys toolset also added like rsync msys build ;)

source availiable to.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 03:45:38 am »
1, cb-setup.exe, it was 1G size, I guess no body would like to download this beast :D.
2, Need some detail description about your packages on your C::B advanced / Home / Home
3, about your patch on mingw. I can't test that because I only have 32 bit windows. but reading the patch, I think that you have 32bit compiler installed MinGW32/bin and 64bit compiler installed in MinGW64/bin. then it seems you just hard coded the source to distinguish those two compilers, this is not quite flexible. :D
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 04:52:59 am »
yep its quite a beast but so is msvc 2010 ;) its a complete development environment.

atleast im going to provide plugins and sdk's as standalone zip's :) i made this for ease of use for people who are not used to working with a gcc compiler.

and aye the patch works for mingw32 i havent magically ported C::B to 64 bit (no need either since 64 bit win handles 32 bit quite fine).

as for hardcoded hmm well its allready hardcoded in the standard source to some degree as in if mingw is not installed with C::B then it looks in C:\\MinGW (or it gets the path from mingw's ini file)
and in Dev-Cpp dir it seems but atleast it does that from a registry key so that part is portable.  i could maybe use a similar approach to the ini read but then the installer will have to be modified to write the
correct values to an ini.

im not to satisfied with how i made it but still learning C++ (im used to pure C) so it might take me some time to come up with a better way.

atm i use wx's 64 bit OS check to set the 64 bit mingw compiler (it works) but some might want to use the 32 bit mingw on say win 7 64 and in that case it fails but i suspect i could make an option to select either one.

any help in that regard is most welcome.

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »
it was 1G size, I guess no body would like to download this
I think reckless built the tools using LTO, so the package is very large.
At the another point, we can mix LTO and PGO to build it, according to my test, PGO can reduce the package's size strikingly.
But building with PGO can cost very long time and there are some bugs when mixing LTO and PGO, for avoiding the errors, we must guarantee that the PGO information is gathered only once.
Regards,
xunxun

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 01:48:42 pm »
atm i use wx's 64 bit OS check to set the 64 bit mingw compiler (it works) but some might want to use the 32 bit mingw on say win 7 64 and in that case it fails but i suspect i could make an option to select either one.
You can release the 32bit package and the 64bit package.
I think mixing 32bit and 64bit package is not a good idea.
Regards,
xunxun

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 10:05:56 pm »
there not mixed in fact that is what im trying to avoid at all cost ;) as that would indeed screw things up badly.

Code
void CompilerMINGW::Reset()
{
/* yep its windose */
    if (platform::windows)
    {
/* checking OS is it 64 bit ? */
        if (wxIsPlatform64Bit())
        {
/* we got a 64 bit OS set the MinGW 64 compiler */
            m_Programs.C         = _T("x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe");
            m_Programs.CPP       = _T("x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe");
            m_Programs.LD        = _T("x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe");
            m_Programs.DBG       = _T("gdb.exe");
            m_Programs.LIB       = _T("ar.exe");
            m_Programs.WINDRES   = _T("windres.exe");
            m_Programs.MAKE      = _T("winmake.exe");
        }
        else
        {
/* 32 bit OS set the MinGW32 compiler */
            m_Programs.C         = _T("i686-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe");
            m_Programs.CPP       = _T("i686-w64-mingw32-g++.exe");
            m_Programs.LD        = _T("i686-w64-mingw32-g++.exe");
            m_Programs.DBG       = _T("gdb.exe");
            m_Programs.LIB       = _T("ar.exe");
            m_Programs.WINDRES   = _T("windres.exe");
            m_Programs.MAKE      = _T("winmake.exe");
        }
/* heh and now it gets hairy cause i just destroyed the check for the standard MinGW compiler :( */
    }
    else
    {
        m_Programs.C         = _T("gcc");
        m_Programs.CPP       = _T("g++");
        m_Programs.LD        = _T("g++");
        m_Programs.DBG       = _T("gdb");
        m_Programs.LIB       = _T("ar");
        m_Programs.WINDRES   = _T("");
        m_Programs.MAKE      = _T("make");
    }
    m_Switches.includeDirs             = _T("-I");
    m_Switches.libDirs                 = _T("-L");
    m_Switches.linkLibs                = _T("-l");
    m_Switches.defines                 = _T("-D");
    m_Switches.genericSwitch           = _T("-");
    m_Switches.objectExtension         = _T("o");
    m_Switches.needDependencies        = true;
    m_Switches.forceCompilerUseQuotes  = false;
    m_Switches.forceLinkerUseQuotes    = false;
    m_Switches.logging                 = clogSimple;
    m_Switches.libPrefix               = _T("lib");
    m_Switches.libExtension            = _T("a");
    m_Switches.linkerNeedsLibPrefix    = false;
    m_Switches.linkerNeedsLibExtension = false;
    m_Switches.supportsPCH             = true;
    m_Switches.PCHExtension            = _T("h.gch");
    m_Switches.UseFullSourcePaths      = true; // use the GDB workaround !!!!!!!!

// Summary of GCC options: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Option-Summary.html

m_Options.ClearOptions();
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Produce debugging symbols"),
                _T("-g"),
                _("Debugging"),
                _T(""),
                true,
                _T("-O -O1 -O2 -O3 -Os"),
                _("You have optimizations enabled. This is Not A Good Thing(tm) when producing debugging symbols..."));
    wxString gprof_link = _T("-pg");
        gprof_link = _T("-pg -lgmon");
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Profile code when executed"), _T("-pg"), _("Profiling"), gprof_link);

wxString category = _("Warnings");

// warnings
    m_Options.AddOption(_("In C mode, support all ISO C90 programs. In C++ mode, remove GNU extensions that conflict with ISO C++"), _T("-ansi"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Enable all compiler warnings (overrides many other settings)"), _T("-Wall"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Enable extra compiler warnings"), _T("-Wextra"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Stop compiling after first error"), _T("-Wfatal-errors"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Inhibit all warning messages"), _T("-w"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Have g++ follow the 1998 ISO C++ language standard"), _T("-std=c++98"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Have g++ follow the coming C++0x ISO C++ language standard"), _T("-std=c++0x"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Enable warnings demanded by strict ISO C and ISO C++"), _T("-pedantic"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Treat as errors the warnings demanded by strict ISO C and ISO C++"), _T("-pedantic-errors"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if main() is not conformant"), _T("-Wmain"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Enable Effective-C++ warnings (thanks Scott Meyers)"), _T("-Weffc++"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn whenever a switch statement does not have a default case"), _T("-Wswitch-default"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn whenever a switch statement has an index of enumerated type and lacks a case for one or more of the named codes of that enumeration"), _T("-Wswitch-enum"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if a user supplied include directory does not exist"), _T("-Wmissing-include-dirs"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if a global function is defined without a previous declaration"), _T("-Wmissing-declarations"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if the compiler detects that code will never be executed"), _T("-Wunreachable-code"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if a function can not be inlined and it was declared as inline"), _T("-Winline"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if floating point values are used in equality comparisons"), _T("-Wfloat-equal"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if an undefined identifier is evaluated in an '#if' directive"), _T("-Wundef"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn whenever a pointer is cast such that the required alignment of the target is increased"), _T("-Wcast-align"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn if anything is declared more than once in the same scope"), _T("-Wredundant-decls"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn about unitialized variables which are initialized with themselves"), _T("-Winit-self"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Warn whenever a local variable shadows another local variable, parameter or global variable or whenever a built-in function is shadowed"), _T("-Wshadow"), category);

// optimization
    category = _("Optimization");
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Strip all symbols from binary (minimizes size)"), _T(""), category, _T("-s"), true, _T("-g -ggdb"), _("Stripping the binary will strip debugging symbols as well!"));
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Optimize generated code (for speed)"), _T("-O"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Optimize more (for speed)"), _T("-O1"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Optimize even more (for speed)"), _T("-O2"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Optimize fully (for speed)"), _T("-O3"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Optimize generated code (for size)"), _T("-Os"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Expensive optimizations"), _T("-fexpensive-optimizations"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Don't keep the frame pointer in a register for functions that don't need one"), _T("-fomit-frame-pointer"), category);
    // machine dependent options - cpu arch
    category = _("CPU architecture tuning (choose none, or only one of these)");
    m_Options.AddOption(_("i386"), _T("-march=i386"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("i486"), _T("-march=i486"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium"), _T("-march=i586"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium (MMX)"), _T("-march=pentium-mmx"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium PRO"), _T("-march=i686"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium 2 (MMX)"), _T("-march=pentium2"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium 3 (MMX, SSE)"), _T("-march=pentium3"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium 4 (MMX, SSE, SSE2)"), _T("-march=pentium4"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium 4 Prescott (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3)"), _T("-march=prescott"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium 4 Nocona (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 64bit extensions)"), _T("-march=nocona"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Pentium M (MMX, SSE, SSE2)"), _T("-march=pentium-m"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Core2 (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, 64bit extensions)"), _T("-march=core2"), category);
m_Options.AddOption(_("Intel Corei7 (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, 64bit extensions)"), _T("-march=corei7"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD K6 (MMX)"), _T("-march=k6"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD K6-2 (MMX, 3DNow!)"), _T("-march=k6-2"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD K6-3 (MMX, 3DNow!)"), _T("-march=k6-3"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Athlon (MMX, 3DNow!, enhanced 3DNow!, SSE prefetch)"), _T("-march=athlon"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Athlon Thunderbird (MMX, 3DNow!, enhanced 3DNow!, SSE prefetch)"), _T("-march=athlon-tbird"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Athlon 4 (MMX, 3DNow!, enhanced 3DNow!, full SSE)"), _T("-march=athlon-4"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Athlon XP (MMX, 3DNow!, enhanced 3DNow!, full SSE)"), _T("-march=athlon-xp"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Athlon MP (MMX, 3DNow!, enhanced 3DNow!, full SSE)"), _T("-march=athlon-mp"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD K8 core (x86-64 instruction set)"), _T("-march=k8"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Opteron (x86-64 instruction set)"), _T("-march=opteron"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Athlon64 (x86-64 instruction set)"), _T("-march=athlon64"), category);
    m_Options.AddOption(_("AMD Athlon-FX (x86-64 instruction set)"), _T("-march=athlon-fx"), category);

m_Commands[(int)ctCompileObjectCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$compiler $options $includes -c $file -o $object")));
    m_Commands[(int)ctGenDependenciesCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$compiler -MM $options -MF $dep_object -MT $object $includes $file")));
    m_Commands[(int)ctCompileResourceCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$rescomp $res_includes -J rc -O coff -i $file -o $resource_output")));
    m_Commands[(int)ctLinkConsoleExeCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$linker $libdirs -o $exe_output $link_objects $link_resobjects $link_options $libs")));
    {
        m_Commands[(int)ctLinkNativeCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$linker $libdirs -o $exe_output $link_objects $link_resobjects $link_options $libs --subsystem,native")));
        m_Commands[(int)ctLinkExeCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$linker $libdirs -o $exe_output $link_objects $link_resobjects $link_options $libs -mwindows")));
        m_Commands[(int)ctLinkDynamicCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$linker -shared -Wl,--output-def=$def_output -Wl,--out-implib=$static_output -Wl,--dll $libdirs $link_objects $link_resobjects -o $exe_output $link_options $libs")));
    }
    else
    {
        m_Commands[(int)ctLinkExeCmd] = m_Commands[(int)ctLinkConsoleExeCmd]; // no -mwindows
        m_Commands[(int)ctLinkNativeCmd] = m_Commands[(int)ctLinkConsoleExeCmd]; // no -mwindows
        m_Commands[(int)ctLinkDynamicCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$linker -shared $libdirs $link_objects $link_resobjects -o $exe_output $link_options $libs")));
    }
    m_Commands[(int)ctLinkStaticCmd].push_back(CompilerTool(_T("$lib_linker -r -s $static_output $link_objects")));

LoadDefaultRegExArray();

m_CompilerOptions.Clear();
    m_LinkerOptions.Clear();
    m_LinkLibs.Clear();
    m_CmdsBefore.Clear();
    m_CmdsAfter.Clear();
    SetVersionString();
}

as you can see it kept it seperate but in doing it like this i broke the standard MinGW compiler detection.

Code
AutoDetectResult CompilerMINGW::AutoDetectInstallationDir()
{
    // try to find MinGW in environment variable PATH first
    wxString pathValues;
    wxGetEnv(_T("PATH"), &pathValues);
    if (!pathValues.IsEmpty())
    {
        wxString sep = platform::windows ? _T(";") : _T(":");
        wxChar pathSep = platform::windows ? _T('\\') : _T('/');
        wxArrayString pathArray = GetArrayFromString(pathValues, sep);
        for (size_t i = 0; i < pathArray.GetCount(); ++i)
        {
            if (wxFileExists(pathArray[i] + pathSep + m_Programs.C))
            {
                if (pathArray[i].AfterLast(pathSep).IsSameAs(_T("bin")))
                {
                    m_MasterPath = pathArray[i].BeforeLast(pathSep);
                    return adrDetected;
                }
            }
        }
    }

wxString sep = wxFileName::GetPathSeparator();
    {
        // look first if MinGW was installed with Code::Blocks (new in beta6)
        m_MasterPath = ConfigManager::GetExecutableFolder();
        if (!wxFileExists(m_MasterPath + sep + _T("bin") + sep + m_Programs.C))
{
            // if that didn't do it, look under C::B\MinGW32 or C::B\MinGW64, too (new in 08.02)
            m_MasterPath += wxIsPlatform64Bit() ? sep + _T("MinGW64") : sep + _T("MinGW32");

if (!wxFileExists(m_MasterPath + sep + _T("bin") + sep + m_Programs.C))
            {
#ifdef __WXMSW__ // for wxRegKey
                // not found...
                // look for dev-cpp installation
                wxRegKey key; // defaults to HKCR
                key.SetName(_T("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Dev-C++"));
                if (key.Exists() && key.Open(wxRegKey::Read))
                {
                    // found; read it
                    key.QueryValue(_T("Install_Dir"), m_MasterPath);
                }
                else
                {
                    // installed by inno-setup
                    // HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Minimalist GNU for Windows 4.1_is1
                    wxString name;
                    long index;
                    key.SetName(_T("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall"));
                    //key.SetName("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion");
                    bool ok = key.GetFirstKey(name, index);
                    while (ok && !name.StartsWith(_T("Minimalist GNU for Windows")))
                    {
                        ok = key.GetNextKey(name, index);
                    }
                    if (ok)
                    {
                        name = key.GetName() + _T("\\") + name;
                        key.SetName(name);
                        if (key.Exists() && key.Open(wxRegKey::Read))
                            key.QueryValue(_T("InstallLocation"), m_MasterPath);
                    }
                }
#endif
            }
        }
        else
            m_Programs.MAKE = _T("make.exe"); // we distribute "make" not "mingw32-make"
    }
    else
        m_MasterPath = _T("/usr");

AutoDetectResult ret = wxFileExists(m_MasterPath + sep + _T("bin") + sep + m_Programs.C) ? adrDetected : adrGuessed;
    // don't add lib/include dirs. GCC knows where its files are located

SetVersionString();
    return ret;
}

and this is the same problem.

Code
    if (master_path.IsEmpty())
    {
        /* Notice: In general this is bad luck as e.g. all copies of a
         * compiler have a different path, most likely.
         * Thus the following might even return a wrong command!
         */

/* revelator aye this is not portable as is */
    m_MasterPath += wxIsPlatform64Bit() ? _T("C:\\CodeBlocks\\MinGW64") : _T("C:\\CodeBlocks\\MinGW32");
        else
            master_path = _T("/usr");
    }

and the hardcoded option which normally just looks in C:\\MinGW

the big size of the package is because theres a whole plethora of tools and libraries included not so much LTO related actually i compiled this with -fno-lto.

the list of whats in it is rather large still working on it. but to name a few theres my mingw python (old version but it works) with a whole slew of plugins and tools like wxpython and PyQt which are large by themself and several tools that use these.

then theres ruby with tools.

and offcourse all the dependant libraries. keept size down a bit by only using shared libraries eg. dll's.

could cut sizes further by removing the includes and import libraries but then noone could do any plugins of their own to say python without rebuilding those.

so its the usual choice between apples and rotten tomatoes.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 11:34:42 pm »
well since people obviously still use 56K modems (joke) :) i decided to make a minimal package as well.

no extras no svn no hg no git no python no ruby and no development libraries only mingw32 and mingw64 + Msys and codeblocks.

ill pack the extras up as seperate packages that can be unzipped directly in the codeblocks folder.

new structure will be a bit different for the extras.

atm the extras reside in the local folder this will change for the minimal package and all will be in the Opt folder so something like this C:\CodeBlocks\Opt\plugin1 C:\CodeBlocks\Opt\plugin2 etc.

all tools will have there own folder under Opt.

all extras will have scripts in /etc/profile.d setting paths to tools libraries and headers, so removing something from the build chain is as easy as removing the script for it from the /etc/profile.d folder.

i hope this is more to peoples taste.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 10:26:56 am »
well you will have a few tools youre not used to in my package :)

i finally managed to port openjade to msys and with that you now have access to the full docbook suite ;) 

damn thing took me years to port so you better bow hehe. 

the bow part is offcourse a joke ;)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 10:46:51 am »
well since people obviously still use 56K modems (joke) :) i decided to make a minimal package as well.

Not really a joke.
In germany in some places you are still forced to use slow connections.
At home I still only have ISDN, which means 64 kBit normally or as amximum 128 kBit, if both channels are used.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:11 am »
Heh, I would not download something that is 1GB on my 50 Mbit line either, unless that is something like a complete operating system DVD.  That's 5 times larger than Eclipse 8)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 12:59:16 pm »
minimal version uploaded :)  it should be a bit more digestable.

had no idea about that jens jokes on me then :(.

i can atleast pass from one of my friends from inside3d that the big package works pretty well for those who can afford to download it.

ill still make all my ports and utilities availiable to those using the minimal package as seperate downloads.

allready a small bunch of things to download, but i need to reorder the site a bit so people dont get confused and start owerwriting stuff the compiler allready has installed. 

no harm in doing so but they might get a bit dissapointed when they discover that it doesnt add anything besides what they allready had.

atm most of the smaller downloads are allready in the installer besides the irrlicht sdk.