Author Topic: Global Functions list is incomplete  (Read 3992 times)

Offline iretep

• Single posting newcomer
Global Functions list is incomplete
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »
Hi,

I am very happy with the overall performance of Code::Blocks and have been using it successfully to modify and rebuild some plugins I've written in C using Dev-cpp.

However, I have noticed one oddity regarding the Global Function list - it doesn't show the full set of functions that are present in the source code file - even after I've done a "Refresh Tree". Both Dev-cpp and Eclipse CDT show the complete list of functions when the same source code file is loaded, so it's either a deficiency in Code::Blocks or I have failed to set up or do something correctly.

Another, and perhaps related, issue that I'm having is that when I right-click on a function call and choose either of the options "Find declaration of:<some-function>" or "Find implementation of:<some-function>" I get the "Not found" warning pop up. Note that only "Find occurences of:<some-function>" works out of all the options available, presumably, because that is just a straight forward string search.

Any help and advise would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,
Peter

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Global Functions list is incomplete
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:08:22 pm »
Hard to tell until you strip your sources and send a minimal sample to reproduce (if full sources are OK, do this). Also, you did no say anything about platform/version. Did you try a nightly? Is the bug there, too?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline iretep

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Global Functions list is incomplete
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 12:08:07 pm »
Hard to tell until you strip your sources and send a minimal sample to reproduce (if full sources are OK, do this). Also, you did no say anything about platform/version. Did you try a nightly? Is the bug there, too?

Thanks for the quick response. I've sent you a PM with source code and the other information you requested.

Regards,
Peter