Author Topic: "XXX- Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!].  (Read 7428 times)

jaynoth1987

"XXX- Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...

-> I have installed code::block 10.05 with MINGw in windows 7 X64 machine....When i tried to built a c++ program i got this error...I am not able to find the solution in google search....Help me....

Thanks in advance....

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Try to go to "Settings -> Compiler and debugger -> Global compiler settings -> GNU GCC Compiler -> Toolchain executables" and click The "Auto detect"-button in the "Compiler's installation directory" section.
If C::B does not find MinGW (due to an unusual installation directory). try to find it yourself after clicking the "..." button in the same section.
Make sure the executables exist in the bin-subdirectory of the compilers installation path.

Offline perento

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hello, the topic is 120 days old but i consider to post due to the problem is exactly what i encountered.

I also installed a new C::B.
I had a issue same as ontopic and i did every step of Jens post, when i try to run the program, Build Log is resseting to no-text at all, and the program doesnt runs.

PS: If this topic is too old, please let me know, i will create a new fresh one. Thank you

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
To prevent the clearing of the log, just use build instead of run, or even rebuild to capture the full build log.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline perento

• Multiple posting newcomer
I pressed GNU compiler but i did not pressed the "Set as default" button, but only "OK" button.

Please excuse my newbie-ness, thanks for the quick respond and please keep the hard work up, this is my favourite IDE.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:47:20 pm by perento »