Author Topic: bad error-highlighting  (Read 6194 times)

Schadowmaster

bad error-highlighting
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:13:14 pm »
I hope I've got the right board and that you can help me with my problem.
I installed codeblocks on my Laptop (running with the latest Ubuntu) and I have a little problem with the highlighting of errors.
As it is hard to explain in words and as my english isn't the best (sorry if it's disturbing) I made two screens:
http://geiler-bildhost.de/upload/1306954905.png
on this one you can see the error. the error-message is in red.
when I click on it the textcolour changes to white and becomes really hard to read:
http://geiler-bildhost.de/upload/1306954890.png
I de- and reinstalled codeblocks, I tried to change the colour-settings (settings->enviroment->docking-system) but nothing changed.
I also installed codeblocks to my windows-pc - no problems there!

I really hope someone can tell me how/where to fix this...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: bad error-highlighting
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:53 pm »

Offline pirx67

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:15:59 am »
Hi Schadowmaster,

it seems to me that you're using the default theme (this was "ambiance" on my Ubuntu Lucid with the dark window decorations). I'm using the radiance theme that changes the dark window decorations to a brighter color. It also changes the highlighted error message to a readable view for me.

On a german Ubuntu you use the "System->Einstellungen->Erscheinungsbild" menu to change the themes.

I hope that will help.
   pirx67

PS.: I didn't have this issue at all because I disliked the "ambiance" theme from the beginning and didn't ever use it.

Offline UncleBoxy

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 04:48:49 am »
I replied to the other thread, but I thought I'd reply to this one too.  I have the same issue, and as was pointed by pirx67, it's because of the default Ubuntu theme.  However I actually like the default theme and as such, I won't be changing it.

A possible solution is allowing users to customize every part of the Code::Blocks IDE (not just the syntax highlighting part).

Personally, I like dark backgrounds with light text and it would be great to be able to customize the entire IDE this way.