Author Topic: Problems Building Code::Blocks with Code::Blocks  (Read 5987 times)

Offline Malachy1681

• Single posting newcomer
Problems Building Code::Blocks with Code::Blocks
« on: November 27, 2005, 08:24:55 am »
I'm trying to use the latest downloaded C::B binaries to compile CVS head, but I get the following errors during the build of wxDockIt:

Code
src\wxDockit\src\generic\barholder.cpp:23: error: definition of static data member 'wxBarHolder::sm_eventTable' of dllimport'd class.
src\wxDockit\src\generic\barholder.cpp:23: error: definition of static data member 'wxBarHolder::sm_eventHashTable' of dllimport'd class.
src\wxDockit\src\generic\barholder.cpp:23: error: definition of static data member 'wxBarHolder::sm_eventTableEntries' of dllimport'd class.
src\wxDockit\src\generic\barholder.cpp:31: error: definition of static data member 'wxBarHolder::ms_classInfo' of dllimport'd class.

I'm using the project 'CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp'.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Problems Building Code::Blocks with Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 02:49:35 pm »
Um you can't trying to compile CVS with RC2... the project file has been changed and has new requirements. You need to compile a previous CVS version (forgot which one) to compile the latest. Try downloading Ceniza's SVN build instead.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 02:55:45 pm by rickg22 »

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 03:32:59 pm »
Um you can't trying to compile CVS with RC2... the project file has been changed and has new requirements. You need to compile a previous CVS version (forgot which one) to compile the latest. Try downloading Ceniza's SVN build instead.

CodeBlocks.cbp has been updated, although for unicode build...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Malachy1681

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 08:31:33 pm »
I'm not sure I understand why you can't compile the latest CVS using RC2.  I'm using the project files that came in CVS.

sethjackson

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 08:37:03 pm »
Some of the project files in CVS won't work with RC2.

Offline Malachy1681

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 08:54:41 pm »
Well, if I can't use RC2 to compile C::B CVS, then I have to use a makefile, but there don't seem to be any makefiles for MinGW.

sethjackson

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 10:17:15 pm »
Download one of Ceniza's SVN binaries then compile C::B

http://gda.utp.edu.co/~ceniza/CodeBlocks/

Offline Malachy1681

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 05:50:04 am »
Thanks alot everyone.  I downloaded one of Ceniza's SVN binaries and got it all compiled and working.  :D