Author Topic: The 21 May 2011 build (7152) is out.  (Read 32355 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 21 May 2011 build (7152) is out.
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:53:43 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc452-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc452-TDM.7z

The 21 May 2011 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20110521_rev7152_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• pumped TinyXML to v2.6.2
  • pumped wxPropGrid to v1.4.16 (pre-release, but fixing a bug)
  • updated the Matlab C-S-Function wizard to be cross-platform (available under Linux)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 21 May 2011 build (7152) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 08:26:39 pm »
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my repo.

Revision is 7154 (no functional difference to 7152).

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:02:36 pm »
    The nightly build is becoming so much more stable recently, and including many improvements in the code completion to boot.

Maybe you could consider a new stable release some time later this year?

Offline marco_silva85

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 10:37:53 pm »
    I agree, and ptDev has been building nice installers, maybe you could publish his work as the official installer or in some section at the frontpage.
    It would draw the attention of more people to the project. Many think it's dead or slow because the lack of updates (not everybody checks for nightlies or use svn).
    but then, it's your choice. i like codeblocks, but it could be more popular. It should be. Thanks for all your work, keep up.

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
    « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 10:39:16 pm »
    +1

gkv311

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 06:50:07 pm »
    Hi, since some revision all dynamic libraries complied with lib* prefix nevertheless set name in project -> options -> build target
    (actually name does not saved now).
    I test SVN7154 on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04 x64).

Is it a BUG?

Offline grf

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 08:36:43 am »
    I agree, and ptDev has been building nice installers, maybe you could publish his work as the official installer or in some section at the frontpage.
    It would draw the attention of more people to the project. Many think it's dead or slow because the lack of updates (not everybody checks for nightlies or use svn).
    but then, it's your choice. i like codeblocks, but it could be more popular. It should be. Thanks for all your work, keep up.

I agree.
    At least, please make a distinctly notice on your website with a link to this forum.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 10:38:44 am »
    At least, please make a distinctly notice on your website with a link to this forum.
    What's wrong with the link on the first page on codeblocks.org (see image attached)?!
    Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
    C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
    C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline marco_silva85

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:12:05 pm »
    What's wrong with the link on the first page on codeblocks.org (see image attached)?!

Not everybody knows what a nightly is, specially when they are beginning programming, and SVN is a more advanced concept that you don't know when starting.
    A few years ago, I thought that CB was death because I didn't know what a nightly is (english is not my mother language, so you understand that it's difficult for me to tell the meaning of everything. There are so many expressions, nightly what? And I had to come to the forum to know what it is).
    The trick for popularity is to have everything acessible and simple. Code::Blocks seems dead for people like I was a few years ago.
    But I don't know if you want popularity. I think it is never bad, because you bring more people from the VS side to this side, and documentation, development and popularity of CB gets better.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 10:06:49 pm »
    It could be renamed to "Nightly builds" or "Nightly/unstable builds"
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Calexus

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 09:21:45 am »
    It can hardly be called a "nightly" build now days. More like biweekly or even better Development Release to clearly show it is work in progress.

Offline thed0ct0r

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:11 am »
    But These Are the current versions of code:: blocks, or are the "bete" before the finale?

Thank you for your work!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 01:13:28 pm »
    It can hardly be called a "nightly" build now days.
    Depends... they are built during night, usually. :lol:
    Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
    C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
    C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline marco_silva85

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 12:22:21 am »
    But These Are the current versions of code:: blocks, or are the "bete" before the finale?

Thank you for your work!

see? here's one that is confused by what a nightly is..

thed0ct0r, i guess you can call them "beta" builds, but they are standalone binaries, they don't come with an installer. if you wan't them with installer, try the unofficial here.

Offline patheticcockroach

• PatheticCockroach.com
    « Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 11:56:30 am »
    IMO, it's not enough brought forward. I believe I remember a time where the home page stated something like "here is the stable version, but you know you should really really get the nightly instead". Maybe that would be a bit too much, but still giving a bit more importance to the nightly would be good, unless you really don't want a lot of people to use the nightly. The news page is a bit deserted, too. It's always scary when picking a piece of software that you're planning to use for a serious while to see the site is updated not even once a year (no, a maintenance gone wild doesn't exactly count :D).
    As I already said, on my personal level I'm fine with that, but I think this doesn't help the project to become more popular.