Author Topic: Open Source Wiki...  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Wolf_22

• Single posting newcomer
Open Source Wiki...
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:36:02 pm »
I have the source to an open-source personal wiki system known as "The Guide." It's over on SourceForge (http://theguide.sourceforge.net/) for any interested in grabbing it.

I'd like to add my own customizations to the program above, but I've never compiled anything with Code::Blocks before. Is it as simple as throwing all the files into Code::Blocks and pressing "compile and run" or is there more to it than that? I'm assuming there's more to it than that because I tried throwing everything into Code::Blocks only to have errors about "undefined uint32 for this compiler" pop up during compile time.

Anyway, any light anyone here can shine on this is appreciated. Obviously, I'm new at this but if I can get someone to guide me in the right direction, I think I can handle everything on my own from that point. I just need to get some sort of solidified compile procedure going in my mind so that I have a way to try things out.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Open Source Wiki...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:57:10 pm »
Do you know which compiler you are using? Name and version wanted!
Are you using the correct compiler for the source code? The site mentions MFC so likely only Microsoft Compilers will work with no code changes.

Note: The development version has changed to Qt instead of MFC; so, I would suggest using QT creator; but, you need to read the directions and know how to program.

Note: This is NOT really an Code::Blocks question; so topic is likely to be locked.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:01:22 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Wolf_22

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Open Source Wiki...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:13:38 pm »
Do you know which compiler you are using? Name and version wanted!
Are you using the correct compiler for the source code? The site mentions MFC so likely only Microsoft Compilers will work with no code changes.

Note: The development version has changed to Qt instead of MFC; so, I would suggest using QT creator; but, you need to read the directions and know how to program.

Note: This is NOT really an Code::Blocks question; so topic is likely to be locked.

Tim S.

I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 now and it appears that the only thing I'm missing is this header named "afxhh.h". Apparently, this was something the developer had on his system...