Author Topic: custom build step for idl files  (Read 3452 times)

Offline grahamo

• Multiple posting newcomer
custom build step for idl files
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:25:59 pm »
Hi,

codeblocks version 8.02 , Linix with gnu compiler

I've hit my first problem (I think ) with codeblocks.

In our project I have a whole lot of .idl files which need a custom built step (like in visual studio). Whenever the timestamp on the IDL file (included in project under "Others" in the file listing) changes, I need my IDL compiler to be launched. It will generate .h and .cpp files (which are already in the project). However my problem is this;

(Ive setup an "IDL to C++ compiler"  under settings (I actually copied the gcc compiler and changed that to use my idl.exe and my idl options).

However when I right click on my idl file, select properties -> advanced, then select "Custom Build" -> " for this compiler" -> "IDL to C++ compiler" (which I created) .. the selection seems to work correctly however its never saved. If I save everything, save project, then right click the file again.. its still selecting "For this compiler" -> "GNU GCC compiler"  .. its not taking my changes.

Can anybody help me here. I really don't want to start writing shell scripts for this stuff. Fingers crossed Ive messed up somewhere along the line.

Thanks and have a nice day.