Author Topic: Starting the debugger from Task Manager  (Read 5137 times)

gilado

Starting the debugger from Task Manager
« on: November 24, 2005, 08:05:28 am »
After installing Microsoft Visual Studio, you can start the debugger and attach it to a running process by selecting the process in Task Manager, right click and selecting debug.
Is there a way to set up codeblocks to accomplish the same behavior

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Re: Starting the debugger from Task Manager
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:39:16 am »
Yes there is, but unfortunately not in RC2 (it's in recent CVS versions only).
So step 1 is to get a recent CVS binary. Available from Ceniza (here) and Therion (here). Once you have these you can also get a more recent version by compiling from CVS yourself (sorry, a recent CVS build is required to build from CVS :roll:).
Step 2: Start Code::Blocks, Debug -> Attach to process...
Looks like it needs a PID, so you'll have to get that from somewhere (taskmanager can show them for you).

Edit: typos :evil:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 11:41:00 am by Urxae »

sethjackson

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 03:51:42 pm »
Yes there is, but unfortunately not in RC2 (it's in recent CVS versions only).
So step 1 is to get a recent CVS binary. Available from Ceniza (here) and Therion (here). Once you have these you can also get a more recent version by compiling from CVS yourself (sorry, a recent CVS build is required to build from CVS :roll:).
Step 2: Start Code::Blocks, Debug -> Attach to process...
Looks like it needs a PID, so you'll have to get that from somewhere (taskmanager can show them for you).

Edit: typos :evil:

SWEET. I didn't know C::B CVS could do that.  8)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 06:34:05 pm »
Hi, i downloaded the latest CVS binary archive(dated 21st) and the wxWidgets dll archive from Ceniza, but unable to open the .7z files :(. I have installed the 7z software from www.7-zip.org (tried with both 4.23 and 4.3 versions). The error i get is *.7z is not a supported archive. please help...

What does this have to do with "Starting the debugger from Task Manager" which is the topic title?
Please don't hijack topics like that...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...