Author Topic: compiler output  (Read 5060 times)

Offline grahamo

• Multiple posting newcomer
compiler output
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:29:03 am »
Hi,

I'm tired of eclipse with the C++ plugin that uses existing makefiles. It sucks here as the existing make system is implemented atrociously... I mean atrociously.

I'm migrating our build system in my spare time to codeblocks. kdevelop was somewhere between bad and very bad when I looked at it. Codeblocks has the windows look and feel that visual studio has... and I think the MS VC++ env is pretty well done.

Anyways, this is a beginner question. How do I see the command being issued when codeblocks is compiling a c++ file. I want to see the precise compiler options I've specified in an output window. Its probably looking at me in the face! :)

eg. /usr/bin/g++ -opt1 -opt2 -toto main.cpp

etc etc.

Cheers

G

Graham

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: compiler output
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:59:20 am »
Change "Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Global compiler settings -> [your compiler] -> Other settings (rightmost tab) -> Compiler logging:" to "Full commandline"

Offline grahamo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: compiler output
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:42:54 pm »
Awesome.... its exactly what I was after. I'll stop the silly questions once I get my hands a little "dirty".

I've only migrated about 10% of the project but I can already see that its about 15 times faster than the current makefile based build environment. There's 5 engineers compiling using the current make approach.. do the maths and its obvious we're all going to save an enormous amount of time using codeblocks.

i've setup the build to use all 8 cores on our linux box. The makefile setup currently in place does nothing in parallel (for hysterical reasons :)