Author Topic: wxChartCtrl in wxSmith causes segmentation fault  (Read 4587 times)

tenspd137

wxChartCtrl in wxSmith causes segmentation fault
« on: March 10, 2011, 06:19:57 pm »
Hi all,

I am using C::B 10.05 w/ wx2.8.11 (Linux, unicode).  I was just playing with the wxSmith tutorials and found that when I try to add a wxChartCtrl, C::B seg faults.  Not sure if this is known, something I am doing wrong or even the right place to post, but I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction.  A search for wxChartCtrl here and on google did not really turn much up.

Thanks!

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
Re: wxChartCtrl in wxSmith causes segmentation fault
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:54:43 pm »
Hi all,

I am using C::B 10.05 w/ wx2.8.11 (Linux, unicode).  I was just playing with the wxSmith tutorials and found that when I try to add a wxChartCtrl, C::B seg faults.  Not sure if this is known, something I am doing wrong or even the right place to post, but I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction.  A search for wxChartCtrl here and on google did not really turn much up.

Thanks!

Frankly I am not sure exactly what wxChartCtrl  can do, or if it is related or not to wxFreeChart http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/components/freechart/ (I do think they are different).

I have used wxFreeChart for a while now on Windows and Linux, and I find it to be the best solution for graphs and charts. To use it, I simply make a wxPanel containing a custom control, using a derivation from wxChartPanel. wxFreeChart has quite a few samples showing how to use it, and the resulting charts are nice looking and working very well.