Author Topic: [SOLVED] Plugins configured but not compiled (Code::Blocks from SVN, Linux)  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Yamakuzure

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hello everybody,

I have tried to find out why all plugins get Makefile's created by configure but are never built. I tried two ways to build CB: A) via Gentoo live ebuild, B) manually via bootstrap, configure and make. One example is the devpak_plugin. It gets a Makefile but isn't built by Make.

I searched the forums and the wiki, but all I found out is, that some of the plugins listed on the wiki page as contrib plugins simply aren't built.

Is this a problem with the current SVN revision or do I miss something? Honestly I suspect the latter ;)

Thanks for your help in advance!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:29:16 am by Yamakuzure »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Plugins configured but not compiled (Code::Blocks from SVN)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 10:01:39 pm »
Which parameters do you use for configure ?

Offline Yamakuzure

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:32:02 am »
The ebuild uses:
Code
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --with-wx-config=/usr/lib64/wx/config/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 --disable-debug --enable-pch --disable-static --with-contrib-plugins=all
And I have manually tried out:
Code
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-wx-config=/usr/lib64/wx/config/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 --with-contrib-plugins=all
Both with the same result.

Sidenote: If I just configure the package, cd into the src/plugins/contrib/DoxyBlocks folder and issue "make all", it is built. But doing so in the devpak_plugin folder results in the following:
Code
sed-notebook devpak_plugin # LC_ALL="C" make all
Making all in bzip2
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/codeblocks-9999/work/codeblocks-9999/src/plugins/contrib/devpak_plugin/bzip2'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/codeblocks-9999/work/codeblocks-9999/src/plugins/contrib/devpak_plugin/bzip2'
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/codeblocks-9999/work/codeblocks-9999/src/plugins/contrib/devpak_plugin'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/codeblocks-9999/work/codeblocks-9999/src/plugins/contrib/devpak_plugin'
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:53:46 am by Yamakuzure »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:31:24 pm »
devpak is a windows plugin.
It has a Makefile to add it to a distribution tarball with "make dist", so the target all does nothing.

Offline Yamakuzure

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:56 am »
Oh, that's a pity. :-(

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Plugins configured but not compiled (Code::Blocks from SVN)le
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 12:08:16 pm »
Oh, that's a pity. :-(
Does devpak provide linux binaries ?
If yes, they will probably not be compatible with your distro, and the most open-source libs are available for almost any linux distro and there is no need for devpak.

Offline Yamakuzure

Well, it isn't the only plugin that doesn't get built... The devpak plugin was just an example. ;)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
So please name the others that does not work.