Author Topic: gcc-4.5.2 released  (Read 13394 times)

Offline reckless

• Regular
gcc-4.5.2 released
« on: December 20, 2010, 06:52:32 pm »
new version released.

according to the changelog its the first version of gcc4 with libgcj enabled by default on win32 target (heh seems the changes to make libgcj work are cygwin only atm).

im making a sjlj version patched with johns patchset availiable on google-code soon.

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
Re: gcc-4.5.2 released
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 06:10:45 am »
Have the new release solved the huge object files size? Do we need the fix patch?
Regards,
xunxun

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:44:23 am »
Are you aware, that this is not a MinGW, or gcc forum.

Your posts is not really related to C::B.

Announcing a new compiler is more or less okay, but this is not the right place to discuss compiler internal stuff !

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »
ill pm xunxun whats needed.

this post was just ment for info on the new release.

Offline Greatwolf

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 03:15:23 am »
ok great, where can I get it? TDM-gcc tdragon doesn't have it and I don't see it on mingw site either.

Offline reckless

• Regular

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 07:37:24 am »
im making a dwarf2 build availiable also (other one uses sjlj exceptions).

should be up on google code soon.

uses standard mingw w32api and crt as the mingw64 runtime seems to be broken with dwarf2.

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 08:14:47 am »
as the mingw64 runtime seems to be broken with dwarf2.
Why?I use that very well.
Regards,
xunxun

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 11:05:36 pm »
i use a special fork of the mingw64 runtime (modified to work with the standard mingw gcc paths) but i had some trouble getting the exception support working with dwarf2 but its fixed now it seems as the package i uploaded got the special mingw64 fork included.

a note though its not a 64 bit enabled gcc i use lib32 explicitly and if you prefer you can replace my special fork with the standard mingw runtime and w32api packages.

the benefit of my fork is that its a bit more complete than the standard mingw one (pretty complete directx support) and the ddk is a bit more recent.

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 09:51:43 am »
i use a special fork of the mingw64 runtime (modified to work with the standard mingw gcc paths) but i had some trouble getting the exception support working with dwarf2 but its fixed now it seems as the package i uploaded got the special mingw64 fork included.

a note though its not a 64 bit enabled gcc i use lib32 explicitly and if you prefer you can replace my special fork with the standard mingw runtime and w32api packages.

the benefit of my fork is that its a bit more complete than the standard mingw one (pretty complete directx support) and the ddk is a bit more recent.
But mingw64 contains directx support and ddk. You means you took the mingw64 header files to the mingw?
Regards,
xunxun

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 04:12:16 pm »
exactly :)

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 09:39:28 am »
btw not only the headers i ported the entire mingw64 api to support standard mingw ;)

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 01:50:51 pm »
btw not only the headers i ported the entire mingw64 api to support standard mingw ;)

Er, the ported mingw must have mingw10m.dll, don't it?
Regards,
xunxun

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:11 pm »
nope :)

it uses thread local storage instead of the mingw dtor dll. mingw64 does not need the mingwm10.dll either ;)

source here if you want to have a closer look http://code.google.com/p/mingw-wine/downloads/detail?name=mingw64api-mingwport-src.7z&can=2&q=

configure with --enable-lib32 --disable-lib64 --enable-wildcard --enable-tests-unicode --prefix=/mingw and if you use sysroots --with-sysroot=dir that comes before the mingw dir eg. if mingw is in C: its --with-sysroot=/c

theres a patch in the root of the source dir you can see pretty much all changes i made there :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:02:17 pm by reckless »

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 02:50:32 pm »
nope :)

it uses thread local storage instead of the mingw dtor dll. mingw64 does not need the mingwm10.dll either ;)

source here if you want to have a closer look http://code.google.com/p/mingw-wine/downloads/detail?name=mingw64api-mingwport-src.7z&can=2&q=

configure with --enable-lib32 --disable-lib64 --enable-wildcard --enable-tests-unicode --prefix=/mingw and if you use sysroots --with-sysroot=dir that comes before the mingw dir eg. if mingw is in C: its --with-sysroot=/c

theres a patch in the root of the source dir you can see pretty much all changes i made there :)

Er, but I think the different path (i686-pc-mingw32) is not the problem. I am using mingw64 headers and the crt very well.
BTW, what is the option "--enable-tests-unicode" meaning?
Regards,
xunxun

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »
Are you aware, that this is not a MinGW, or gcc forum.

Your posts is not really related to C::B.

Announcing a new compiler is more or less okay, but this is not the right place to discuss compiler internal stuff !
ill pm xunxun whats needed.

this post was just ment for info on the new release.

Sorry but this is still not a MinGW forum.

I warned you !

Anouncements (or info a bout a new release) is okay, as long as it is more or less C::B related.