Author Topic: Code::Blocks Compiler Problems  (Read 8497 times)

Offline mnoeth

• Single posting newcomer
Code::Blocks Compiler Problems
« on: December 18, 2010, 02:33:25 am »
So I'm trying to compile my first C++ program using Code::Blocks.  I did the full install (which to my understanding includes a number of compilers).  However, every time I try to compile the program to debug, I get the following error:

""Chapter 1.1 - Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!].  Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not set correctly?!  Skipping...
Nothing to be done."

I have tried every compiler included with Code::Blocks, and looked in every setting I can, and I have not been able to fix this.

Any suggestions?

--
Matt

Offline mnoeth

Re: Code::Blocks Compiler Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:40:09 am »
Never mind, the problem was me being stupid, the effects of which have been fixed.  I noted I posted this in the wrong forum anyway, sorry for the wasted space!

--
Matt

Morristech25

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 02:37:36 am »
Apparently I'm being stupid as well. Could you inform me of what I'm doing wrong?

Offline mnoeth

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:51:45 am »
Erm... I don't remember exactly what I did to fix the problem, but I know it's fixed.

The toolchain error I know has to do with a compiler setting, so it would be fixable from that window.  You can access it by selecting Settings (it's a drop down menu)-->Compiler and Debugger.  Click the "Toolchain Executables" tab, and you should be able to fix the problem from there.  The attached picture is what I have my program set to, so I know it works.  Feel free to use those settings.

[attachment deleted by admin]