Author Topic: Disable unicode compilation  (Read 4449 times)

Offline tylerfb11

• Single posting newcomer
Disable unicode compilation
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:13:40 am »
Hello everyone ;)

I've been doing my coding thing - writing a program hapilly, runing into somthing that I dont know a function for (if one even exists), and then after failing to write my own method, asking uncle Google for a lil' help.

Now ive found the info i need to continue my project, but i need to turn off unicode compilation. Ive looked in project options but didnt find anything. How do I do such a thing? ;S

Thanks in advance!
-Tyler
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:26:45 pm by tylerfb11 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Disable unix compilation
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:09:41 am »
 :shock: :shock: :shock:

What... unicode compilation or unix compilation?
What is your problem exactly? And what do you want to do, exactly?

(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline tylerfb11

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Disable unix compilation
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:27:19 am »
When my program starts i want it to:

search the Local HDD for any file(s) with a .cpb extention.
once found, gather the name of the file and path.
save the path for later use, and add the file name to a listbox.

I found this msdn page that was quite helpfull: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364418(v=vs.85).aspx

GetLastError() returns 2. one of the comments on that web page notes that this is solved by disabling unicode compile:
"It turns out that unicode compile settings were turned on. This caused the function to get the input file path (lpFileName) in the incorrect format."

Thank you for your help, if you need any more info feel free to say so. I always accept constructive critisim :)
-Tyler

EDIT: My apologies, I just realized that I titled this topic incorectly, thus causing confusion. srry about that!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:32:28 am by tylerfb11 »