Author Topic: Help! permission prblem i believe,  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Shadow20

• Single posting newcomer
Help! permission prblem i believe,
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:43:04 pm »
I need some help, i installed codeblocks to do a project but when i put my code in and build and run, it runs the first time then i recieve a error, "ld.exe cannot open output file C:\.......etc   permission denied" in the build messages when i edit it and try to build again.

now i have tried putting it in my documents and turning off my antivirus but it doesnt help. If i wait about a minute, it will build then give the same error when i try again til about another min etc. but its only when i edit something and try to build again, it will build and run straight if nothing is changed in the code oddly enough....

anyone can help me please?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Help! permission prblem i believe,
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:00:32 pm »
You did not mention your OS (it's windows I see, but which), version of C::B etc.

I guess you are on windows 7, if that's the case, don't create projects in the programs folder (win7 does normally not allow this, even if your are administrator), use the user folder instead.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:51:07 pm by jens »

Offline Shadow20

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 06:28:55 pm »
sorry my bad, windows 7 32 bit and codeblocks 10.05(the latest, i downloaded it yesterday).
yes i tried creating projects in my user folder and still the problem is there.

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 06:41:08 pm »
sorry my bad, windows 7 32 bit and codeblocks 10.05(the latest, i downloaded it yesterday).
yes i tried creating projects in my user folder and still the problem is there.

I have this often... due to my antivirus. Some antivirus programs are paranoid about isolating unknown executables... including the ones we compile ourselves. COMODO is a serious offender in this matter (it has been driving me nuts, tbh).

Check your antivirus configuration.