Author Topic: Code::Blocks 10.05 overwrites files without asking!  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Calmarius

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code::Blocks 10.05 overwrites files without asking!
« on: November 21, 2010, 10:43:12 am »
I finished a program on linux platform. Then I tried to port it to by making a new project on the windows platform on the same directory with a same name, and adding files to the project and compile... But there was a very serious problem: when I created the project it overwritten the all the window and application source files and wxsmith files too. It neither asked me to do so nor made backups of it. I lost 3 2500+ line source files now I have to rewrite them from scratch... Now I'm veryveryvery angry... The older version of CB asked me something like "The source file already exists it will be OVERWRITTEN. Keep the original file? And Yes was the default button..." 10.05 does not ask anything... Is there a way to turn this feature on again before I make more harm?

ps: fortunately on the linux platform I activated autosave I only lost a few hours a work...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:50:56 am by Calmarius »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks 10.05 overwrites files without asking!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 02:02:41 pm »
The only way to get this behaviour, is to create a project with the same title, but a differently named projectfile in the same directory.
And in this case 8.02 also overwrites the files without asking.
Tested with 10.05 and 8.02 on XP (original project created on linux on a vfat-partion (Fat32, if I remember right).

Offline Calmarius

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 01:15:29 pm »
Maybe that was the problem then... I created a project a project with a different filename... But it's still annoying though.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 05:14:24 pm »
Maybe that was the problem then... I created a project a project with a different filename... But it's still annoying though.

This bug is fixed in rev 6870. Now wizard will ask before overwriting any existing file.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.