Author Topic: Installing doxygen plugin DoxyBlocks  (Read 13392 times)

Offline Loko

• Single posting newcomer
Installing doxygen plugin DoxyBlocks
« on: November 22, 2010, 06:39:42 pm »
Hello all, I have recently begun using Code::Blocks and so far I'm impressed; I want to start my first post here by saying congrats to everyone who helped create this! I'm still finding out about a lot of features etc so I may be missing something obvious here, but... I have run into something I don't know how to fix.

I looked around for doxygen support, and on the plugin page I saw DoxyBlocks listed under the Contrib Plugins; the associated forum post also seems to indicate it ought to be a part of contrib. Hooray, I thought :-) However, it's nowhere to be found in my installation, not in "\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\" anyway. Browsing the documentation, I found the plugin wiki page states that "For Windows users, the default behavior of the current installer (10.05) does not install contrib plugins. You need to manually check the "contrib plugin" checkbox when asked for selected components to install. There is no way to install them manually afterwards."
Now, I am sure that when I installed, I selected Install Everything. I just re-ran the installer partway through and the DoxyBlocks plugin is indeed not listed in the options tree. In fact the installer's contrib plugin list does not match the wiki list in more places.

So, the way I interpret all this makes me wonder:
1) Is DoxyBlocks not part of contrib after all?
2) Is the documentation out of date?
3) And of course, what it's all about: is there any way I can get around the statement "There is no way to install them manually afterwards." and get to use the doxygen plugin after all?

FYI I am running on Windows XP and installed CodeBlocks from "codeblocks-10.05mingw-setup.exe".

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Installing doxygen plugin DoxyBlocks
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 07:18:40 pm »
DoxyBlocks was commited after the 10.05 release, so it is not in it.
Go to the nightlies subforum and install a nightly that has it.

p.s. I'll fix the info in the wiki...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Loko

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:55:35 pm »
DoxyBlocks was commited after the 10.05 release, so it is not in it.
Go to the nightlies subforum and install a nightly that has it.

p.s. I'll fix the info in the wiki...

Thanks for the quick reply! After reading it I saw that the DoxyBlocks' own wiki page does actually mention that it's not available in Code::Blocks 10.05... my bad, the main plugin page's list got me thinking it was and I didn't read far enough.
Thanks for referring me to the nightly builds; I should be able to work that out.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:32:17 pm »
If you're talking about this page: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=DoxyBlocks
I've just changed it :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]