Author Topic: make install problem  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Andrew94

• Multiple posting newcomer
make install problem
« on: November 22, 2010, 04:10:34 pm »
Hi,
    First off, I should note that I have tried to setup a Berlios account several times, but it never works, so I cannot file a proper bug report.  Now for the problem, I installed the SVN 6855 build on my Fedora 14 64bit computer, but none of the plugins were showing up. I also had the 10.05 so I was able to find the problem--the libraries were installed to the usr/local/lib directory when they need to be in usr/local/lib64 on a 64bit installation, I copied them there and everything works now.  I am wondering if you could make this the default for 64bit builds.

God bless you,
Andrew Wells

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: make install problem
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 11:19:41 pm »
I will see if I can install Fedor 64-bit tomorrow to test this and fix (if possible).

If the wxWidgets behaviour has not changed, C::B looks in [prefix]/lib/codeblocks/plugins first and if the directory does not exist, it looks in [prefix]/lib64/codeblocks/plugins .
If the behaviour of wxStandardPathsBase::Get().GetPluginsDir() has changed, we have to fix this.

By the way, which versions of wxWidgets do you have installed.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: make install problem
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:47:10 pm »
Should be fixed in trunk (svn r6857).
make install still installs in [prefix]/lib, but we do not rely on wxStandardPathsBase::Get().GetPluginsDir() any longer and create the appropriate pathname manually (based on wxStandardPaths::Get()).GetInstallPrefix()).

Tested on Fedora 14 and debian unstable/experimental (both 64-bit).