Author Topic: Where compiler sets (toolchains) information is stored?  (Read 3597 times)

Offline amarty

• Multiple posting newcomer
Where compiler sets (toolchains) information is stored?
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:08:12 am »
I want to add new toolchain - menu "Settings/Compiler and debugger settings", select "GNU GCC Compiler" (default value in drop down list), push "Copy" button, enter name of new toolset, set up executables and paths, click Ok and exit C::B. Next time I start C::B all my changes still alive, but I can find any file or registry key where that settings was stored - I want to copy that settings to another computer without manually editing C::B settings. I try to search through all file system but only file I was find is default.conf placed in "C:\Documents and Settings\ITSME\Application Data\codeblocks\" - but there is no my changes in that file.
Anybody knows where that setting are live?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Where compiler sets (toolchains) information is stored?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:38 am »
There is an utility: cb_share_config, you can use it to copy settings from one computer to another.

Probably the settings are stored in default.conf in %APP_DATA%/codeblocks/
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline amarty

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Where compiler sets (toolchains) information is stored?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 11:49:12 am »
Thanks, cb_share_config is cool tool and I was found my compiler settings in "compiler/user_sets" instead of built-in tag "compiler/sets".