Author Topic: makefile project and custom commands  (Read 5982 times)

ramesh

makefile project and custom commands
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:45:34 pm »
In VC++, if I create a makefile project, I can specify the command to execute for build/rebuild/clean. Is there a way to specify commands to execute for build/rebuild/clean in codeblocks?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: makefile project and custom commands
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 08:57:33 am »
Unfortunately no, there isn't yet...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 05:24:28 pm »
I think we need to make a "checklist" for requested features regarding the upcoming compiler model...

grv575

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 11:02:43 pm »
Yeah, I was going to say, it'll be difficult to remember all the 'it'll probably be in the redesigned 1.1' features that were requested on this board.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 11:18:49 pm »
The point of redesigning the compiler framework, is to allow us to easily add/customize any step of the build process.
Don't think that when the redesign is done we 'll have a full featured compiler plugin. We will only have a solid base to build on. At that time, we 'll talk about features that should be implemented...

Features like the one mentioned in this topic, will be a breeze to add :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

sushi_cw

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 06:39:16 pm »
In VC++, if I create a makefile project, I can specify the command to execute for build/rebuild/clean. Is there a way to specify commands to execute for build/rebuild/clean in codeblocks?

I just wanted to second(third? fourth? 50th?) this feature request. The way that VC++ does it is pretty good, and putting the same functionality in CodeBlocks would make it possible to use virtually any compiler(besides those that are officially supported). It would even be pretty easy to implement, I imagine!