Author Topic: C::B for stm32f10X.  (Read 18020 times)

Offline dekar

• Single posting newcomer
C::B for stm32f10X.
« on: November 02, 2010, 07:17:06 pm »
Is there a wizard to create a project for stm32f10X, using library from stm (stm32f10x_lib.h)?

How can I use C::B with this with this line of microcontrollers?

Offline dasfoo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: C::B for stm32f10X.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:57:57 pm »
Is there a wizard to create a project for stm32f10X, using library from stm (stm32f10x_lib.h)?

How can I use C::B with this with this line of microcontrollers?

There isn't a wizard as far as I know.  If you want to use code blocks the first steps would be.

1) Install your cross compiler.
2) Configure Code-blocks to use it. 
3) Create a project.

Which cross compiler are you using?

Offline dekar

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:34:08 am »
Yes, i have alredy installed gcc cross compiler and gdb. But i don't have Makefile and linker scripts, becose i've previously used another compiler and IDE for this MC.

Offline dasfoo

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:59:22 am »
Yes, i have alredy installed gcc cross compiler and gdb. But i don't have Makefile and linker scripts, becose i've previously used another compiler and IDE for this MC.

Go to Settings->Compilers and Debuggers - >Global compilers settings.

It's possible the CodeBlocks was able to auto detect it (doubtful).  If not select the GNU ARM compiler.
Hit the toolchain executables tab.  Then you need to fill in the compilers install directory, and the names of the tools.

Offline dekar

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 05:54:27 pm »
OK, let me try to reformulate my question...

My C::B perfectly picked up GCC cross compiler and offered me to use different devices. But there is no STM among them. How can i configure my C::B to program this type of MC? Where could i put stm32f10x libraries?

Offline tanq

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 03:53:03 pm »
C::b has no template specific for STM32. You can adopt my sample project that I posted in another thread. Link: http://ifile.it/6wqf8i2
It's for LPC1114, you have to change:
1) memory sizes in linker script
2) replace vendor-specific headers.
3) in build options word cortex-m0 to cortex-m3
4) in toolchain executables option specify linker for dynamic libs to "ld.exe", not "gcc.exe"

Offline comsytec

• www.comsytec.com
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 01:19:06 pm »
To use for STM32 download any of files located http://www.comsytec.eu/en/online-store/detail/34-software-development-tools/flypage|eps/101-eps-debugger-for-stm32?sef=hcfp. Except EPS Debugger package all they have project wizard integrated for STM32. Unlicensed version has 25% flash capacity limit (32KB max.) for selected device.