Author Topic: Where to discuss wxSmith problems  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Entuland

• Single posting newcomer
Where to discuss wxSmith problems
« on: October 25, 2010, 12:17:41 pm »
Hello everybody,
sorry if this isn't the right board for this question, to the best of my searches I wasn't able to find any more fitting place.

I have a problem with wxSmith: some of the controls I add to my dialogs aren't declared in the class, they are declared in the constructor of the dialog hence I am not able to reference them by name in other member functions of the class - I think I can work around this problem using IDs but doesn't look good to me. I'm using C::B 10.5 on a Win7 machine.

If anybody knows what's going on or can suggest me a better place to ask, I'll be glad to receive any pointer to get back on track.

All the best,
Francesco

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:24:35 pm by Entuland »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Where to discuss wxSmith problems
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:29:47 pm »
In the property sheet, there should be an option (checkbox) "Is member", make sure it is active.

Offline Entuland

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:37:41 pm »
Thank you very much Jens, it's strange that some wxBoxSizers get added with that options and some don't... maybe that's related to the fact that some are added within a panel... in any case, shall I need to ask further questions about wxSmith, is this the right place or is there a better one?

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!

Offline Entuland

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 02:32:49 pm »
Thanks a lot for the pointer Loaden,
best of luck to everybody, C::B rocks!