Author Topic: python25 local build for the mingw compiler.  (Read 5942 times)

Offline reckless

• Regular
python25 local build for the mingw compiler.
« on: September 06, 2010, 11:34:22 pm »
once part of my compiler suite and derived from python-mingw i created a local build with the latest mingw.

its a no bells and whistles version (no site-packages) but else allmost complete and fully working python interpreter. (only missing tkinter for pywin) but you can use wxpython for the gui stuff instead.

usage of it is pretty straight forward just unzip the archive in the mingw folder and you're ready to go.

depends on libiconv gettext and gdbm and i included the later since no ready made packages can be found, gettext and libiconv you can get from the mingw site.

it works best from a standard command shell allthough with some small hacks i could build python stuff with the msys shell.

the benefit of this build is you dont need to setup a ton of stuff to compile python scripts with mingw since its a part of the mingw compiler when unpacked in its folder.

things i know work are apsw cherrypy wxpython sqlalchemy easyinstall readline pyflakes xmlmod libxml2mod libxsltmod py2exe kid PIL pycurl scons hg pyluscene (only mingw-3.4.5 or older as newer versions have broken java).

things that barf rather diligently are pygtk (expects unix paths argh) only part i could actually get building from pygtk was pycairo :(.

installers for pygtk do not work with this python as it is not registered with the system the installer fails to find it.

if the codeblocks team finds use for it (for plugins or as a compliment to the ide or complete package)  i will send them my work.

if they need the source its no problem either but compiling it needs cygwin for some tools missing in mingw/msys.

the application itself can be found on my googlecode site soon.

Offline reckless

• Regular
Re: python25 local build for the mingw compiler.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 12:53:48 am »
ftp://90.184.233.166:21/gdb.7z  

included gdb and an extensive readme on how to compile python from source with mingw/cygwin.

the gdb included is the 7.2 release and supports python.

theres also a curses frontend included built against pdcurses and the expat library.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:46:47 am by reckless »

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:43:42 am »
ftp://90.184.233.166:21/gdb.7z  

included gdb and an extensive readme on how to compile python from source with mingw/cygwin.

the gdb included is the 7.2 release and supports python.

theres also a curses frontend included built against pdcurses and the expat library.

The URL may be no http://  . :D
Regards,
xunxun

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 08:46:27 am »
ups didnt notice

corrected.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 03:40:50 pm »
slowly moving my stuff to google code.

http://code.google.com/p/mingw-wine/

latest additions are.

irrlicht sdk. (mingw build with the d3d backend).
api32. (replacement for mingws w32api and crt includes a pretty complete dxsdk). warning! things that normally work with the standard mingw libraries may need some reordering to work with this.
abook. (gnu address book port to mingw).
aspell. (gnu aspell port to mingw).
s-lang. (shell library).
gdb. (latest with python backend and included mingw python port). includes expat and pdcurses also depends on gettext and libiconv. included the dlls in the package so you can use it right away.
llvm compiler. (compiler framework from the world o macs. creates pretty fast code. problems with linking when using codeblocks "cannot parse the object files" but works fine with msys).
spkg. (package manager like pkg-config). depends on libjudy glib and popt.

things comming.

ogre sdk.
webkit.
qt 3 and 4.
soup.
libjudy.
popt.
glib gtk cairo and dependencies.
postgresql.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 04:52:21 pm »
Reckless: since you appear to do a lot of python stuff, have you given any thought to writing some python plugins for C::B? (I have worked on a few experimental plugins in the past, namely integrating python interpreter and debugger windows)

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:04:38 pm »
mostly did the port to have access to the various python build tools, but if i can help sure :).

im not super with wxwidgets and i still lack some basic understanding off c++, i mostly used c and basic but im trying to learn.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:06:40 pm by reckless »