Author Topic: Problem compiling SDL app  (Read 4604 times)

Mr. Awesome

Problem compiling SDL app
« on: November 10, 2005, 11:45:42 pm »
I just downloaded Code::Blocks and am trying a few things out.  So far, everything is working great, except for the SDL application template.  Whenever I try to compile it, I get an error that says:

Warning: .drective `/DEFAULTLIB: "uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB: "uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB: "MSVCRT" /DEFAULTLIB: "OLDNAMES" ' unrecognized

Could this have something to do with the fact that my SDL libs are all .lib files instead of .a files?  That didn't make a difference with Dev-C++, though.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Problem compiling SDL app
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 11:48:26 pm »
This is just a warning and, yes, it is displayed because you 're using a MS .lib file. It works though, doesn't it?
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Mr. Awesome

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 04:39:31 am »
Actually, no it doesn't work.  I hit run but it just says that the project hasn't been built yet.  Do I really need to switch my libs?

Mr. Awesome

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 04:49:46 am »
Well, I just switched the libraries to regular .a files, and now it works fine.  Still one question: how do you get rid of the console window?

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 08:53:02 am »
how do you get rid of the console window?

Project -> Properties -> targets -> select the target in question -> set from "Console application" to "GUI appliciation"
Or something like that. The first step can also be replaced by right-clicking a project in the manager bar.