Author Topic: The 19 September 2010 build (6608) is out.  (Read 36053 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 19 September 2010 build (6608) is out.
« on: September 19, 2010, 09:17:16 am »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc441.7z

The 19 September 2010 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_201009129_rev6608_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• updated to latest scintilla
  • introduced wxSCI_LEX_LAST in wxscintilla.h to avoid missing to extend editorcolourset in change wxScintilla gets support for new language(s) (thanks danselmi for the info)
  • fix "lost border"-bug of autocomplete-/codecompletion-windows (see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,13318.msg89596.html#msg89596);
    prerequisites to set CallTip fore- and background color if STYLE_CALLTIP is used

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:30:23 am by killerbot »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 19 September 2010 build (6608) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:31:06 am »
    fixed; their was a typo in the filename, changed the link accordingly.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:56:52 pm »
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my repo.

Revision is svn r6601 (revision 6602 to 6608 are changes to debugger and/or cc-refactoring branch).

Offline seb_seb0

• Almost regular
    « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:21:34 pm »
    Hello,

code folding does not work anymore for me (edit: windows vista).
    Am I alone, or is it a known issue ? (due to wxscintilla update I suppose)

edit: I have tried to replace the "wxscintilla.dll" in the cb folder by the one from the previous nightly (12th September, SVN 6583). It solved the 2 problems (code folding + no syntax highlighting for code included into #if ... #endif directives).
           This is a quick fix, until a better solution is found, and it is maybe unstable.

Sebastien
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:28:23 pm by seb_seb0 »

Offline ahui886

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:25:25 am »
    great , thanks

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 07:47:08 am »
    Works fine here, tested with all folding styles on Windows and Linux. Did you forget to re-compile properly? What folding / editor settings do you have?
    Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
    C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
    C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:18:11 am »
    Hi

I have errors building under Windows (as Jens said, trunk is updated to rev 6601) :
    Quote from: Compiler output
    In file included from C:\Dev\CodeBlocks\trunk\src\base\exchndl\exchndl.c:58:
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:424: error: syntax error before "bfd_hostptr_t"
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:424: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:424: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:425: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:426: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_n_n'
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:426: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:428: error: syntax error before '}' token
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:428: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_n'
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:428: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    base/exchndl/include/coff/internal.h:435: error: syntax error before '}' token
    In file included from C:\Dev\CodeBlocks\trunk\src\base\exchndl\exchndl.c:59:
    base/exchndl/include/libcoff.h:477: error: field `last_file' has incomplete type
    base/exchndl/include/libcoff.h:640: error: field `syment' has incomplete type

Did I missed something ?

Regards Xav'
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 09:23:17 am »
    Works fine here, tested with all folding styles on Windows and Linux. Did you forget to re-compile properly? What folding / editor settings do you have?
    It doesn't work for me, too... in the debuggers branch, I was using the autotools system and a clean tree.
    I can't check my settings at the moment, but will do it tonight
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 09:30:13 am »
    Did I missed something ?
    Please remove this target from the virtual "All" target.
    Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
    C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
    C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
    « Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:50 am »
    It doesn't work for me, too... in the debuggers branch, I was using the autotools system and a clean tree.
    It doesn't work for me too.
    If open the options dialog (Settings > Editor...), and press the "OK" to return.
    The folding will show well.
    When restart CB, the folding is gone again.

vasile.cristian@gmail.com

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 10:07:25 am »
    Hello,

- I have the same problem with folding.
    - The second problem it is with the grayed/highlighted code . if i have , for example :

----- file settings.h -------
    #define USE_BLABLA
    --------------------------

----- file main.h -------
    #include settings.h

#ifdef USE_BLABLA
    "this is a test"
    #endif
    -----------------------

The "this is a test" will be grayed.

Thanks.

PS: I have been using Code::Blocks for last three years and i have very good results. Now i start to implement some features (like toolbar for jump in Browse-Tracker and Java compiler support). I found very useful the feature to gray inactive code.
    PS2: english it is not my first language , so please forgive my mistakes.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 01:20:38 pm »
    The "Settings -> Editor -> Ok" workaround works only for opened files, not for files that are opened later.
    The default settings for code-folding are made before the file is opened (if I remember correctly).

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 06:58:12 pm »
    Hello Morten.

Under the topic   The 04 September 2010 build (6570) is out. I replied:

... If I load the code::blocks project of cppcheck and start cppcheck to test its own sources I can click on one message,  code::blocks opens the file and jumps to the associated code-line. If I do the same in my project, I have to search the code-line by my self. How do I have to configure my project to activate the 'find by' click feature? ..

..I added a special test-project as zip-file. It contains 2 simple sources in the src-folder and several code::blocks projects in different folder-levels. If I activate the projects in the sub-folder "CppCheck\CppCheck\prj" or in the sub-folder "CppCheck\CppCheck\prj\CppCheck"  I'm not able to find the location associated to the cppcheck-message by click. The other 2 projects are able to find the location by click. Could it be path-problem? ..

As I tried out the current nightly shows this behaviour also. Did you notice my attachment. Or did I something wrong while uploading the example you asked for?

Best Regards,
                        Eckard.

Offline polygon7

• Multiple posting newcomer
      • Home site
    « Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 07:54:54 pm »
    It doesn't work for me too.
    If open the options dialog (Settings > Editor...), and press the "OK" to return.
    The folding will show well.
    When restart CB, the folding is gone again.

Hi,
    I have the same problem on Ubuntu 10.10 and latest C::B from Jens repository.
    best regards,
    p7
     Free open source UML modeling tool: ArgoUML

Offline seb_seb0

• Almost regular
    « Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 08:05:07 pm »

Hello Morten,

I did not recompile, I just used the nightly.
    I have downloaded again the nightly, and installed it on Windows Vista. The problem reappeared.
    I have tried on another computer (Windows XP) => same problem

I have found 2 work-arounds:
      1 - use the wxScintilla.dll from the previous nightly. It works, but I know it is a bit risky.
      2 - use the menu "Options" -> "Editor" -> Folding and click "OK". All the opened files are folded correctly.
           When a new file is opened, it is NOT folded.
           Jens pointed out the same work-around a few posts above.

The second work-around probably holds the key to a long-term solution. There is probably a trigger to call during initialisation of the Scintilla control, that will generate folding. This trigger is not called when opening file.

As you requested, I attach my folding settings.

Kind regards,

Sebastien