Author Topic: Annoying issue with Find Occurrences Of when Log window not displayed  (Read 3092 times)

Offline dasfoo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Finally poking around sorted out something that's been annoying me for a while.

I've been using code blocks as an editor, not for debugging. (The code I'm writing has real time
issues that makes debugging with gdb impossible).  Which means I never use the Log window.

Anyway whats annoying for a user that doesn't know is that 'highlight' -> 'find occurrences of' doesn't show anything unless the Log window is open.  And you have to go view->Log or F2 to make that happen.  Be a lot easier for a newbie if 'find occurrences' would open the log window if it's not being shown.  Same issue with find in files.  If the log window isn't show you see nothing.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Annoying issue with Find Occurrences Of when Log window not displayed
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:06:24 am »
Anyway whats annoying for a user that doesn't know is that 'highlight' -> 'find occurrences of' doesn't show anything unless the Log window is open.  And you have to go view->Log or F2 to make that happen.  Be a lot easier for a newbie if 'find occurrences' would open the log window if it's not being shown.

Where do you have this option ?

"Settings -> Environment... -> View -> Auto show/hide message pane" might help for the second issue.