Author Topic: The 21 August 2010 build (6508) is out.  (Read 32423 times)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: The 21 August 2010 build (6508) is out.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 09:21:34 pm »
@Ceniza: It seems you are using dwarf2 instructions? I never tried, but how well does GDB work with this in general...?!

@BloodyCake: I had to check what I am using, and it says it is gcc 4.5.0 (tdm-1). I have no idea how well it works in general, but at least that little test program worked quite nicely with GDB in a console.

@oBFusCATed: Is it also part of the refactoring process to move to the mi interface for GDB, is it going to be something for later (once the branch is merged), or is it something yet to consider?

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 09:45:01 pm »
Can you provide a backtrace or crashreport file?

Also some OS info will come in handy :)
sorry no crash report instand close
OS Ubuntu 10.04.1
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:45:14 am by PsYhLo »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 09:45:37 pm »
@BloodyCake: I had to check what I am using, and it says it is gcc 4.5.0 (tdm-1). I have no idea how well it works in general, but at least that little test program worked quite nicely with GDB in a console.
If you're going to use gcc 4.5.x+ you'll have to upgrade to newer gdb (than 6.8.x).
But unfortunately all versions I've tried don't work as good as the linux gdbs  :(
They spit some error messages that break the debugger plugin.

@oBFusCATed: Is it also part of the refactoring process to move to the mi interface for GDB, is it going to be something for later (once the branch is merged), or is it something yet to consider?
GDB/mi is a separate effort, it will result in a new plugin, but I've not worked on it lately (I plan to resurrect it again in the coming weeks)...

Here is a link to the post with my new patch for the debugger: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10908.msg88390.html#msg88390

Update:
Fixed the menu problem in here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10908.msg88398.html#msg88398
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:16:03 am by oBFusCATed »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ahui886

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 02:31:31 am »
thanks

Max

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 09:14:28 pm »
Hi,

In this nigthly (and in the previous one) the codesnippet is no longer available. The View->Toolbars has no codesnippet (it had the entry in the past) and the codesnippet.exe is present in the installation directory.

This issue was also reported by several users in the thread related to the previous nightly, but all the reports were ignored. So may be the feature has been removed intentionally.

Please can you clarify?

Regards

Max

Offline seb_seb0

• Almost regular
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 10:36:46 pm »
Hi,

In this nigthly (and in the previous one) the codesnippet is no longer available. The View->Toolbars has no codesnippet (it had the entry in the past) and the codesnippet.exe is present in the installation directory.

This issue was also reported by several users in the thread related to the previous nightly, but all the reports were ignored. So may be the feature has been removed intentionally.

Please can you clarify?

Regards

Max

Hi,
you have 2 solutions to solve this problem.
  1 - it is always possible to rebuild the plugin yourself using the source.
  2 - the plugin dll (I assume you are on Windows) is still present in $(CodeBlocks)\share\codeblocks\plugins
       The problem comes from the resources zip archive: the file $(CodeBlocks)\share\codeblocks\codesnippets.zip is actually empty (no manifest file). All you have to do is to recover this manifest file in the SVN repository, zip it in codesnippets.zip, and replace the file in the directory $(CodeBlocks)\share\codeblocks  (or you can use the file I attach and copy it to $(CodeBlocks)\share\codeblocks)

It works for me.

I do not know the reason why it is so - it is perhaps a mistake, or the plugin is deactivated intentionnaly for a technical reason. Only the devs will be able to answer you.

Regards,

Sebastien
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:39:39 pm by seb_seb0 »

Max

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 12:09:07 am »

The problem comes from the resources zip archive: the file $(CodeBlocks)\share\codeblocks\codesnippets.zip is actually empty (no manifest file). All you have to do is to recover this manifest file in the SVN repository, zip it in codesnippets.zip, and replace the file in the directory $(CodeBlocks)\share\codeblocks  (or you can use the file I attach and copy it to $(CodeBlocks)\share\codeblocks)

It works for me.

Ah. yes I get the zip file from a previous nigthly archive and it works..

Thx

I do not know the reason why it is so - it is perhaps a mistake, or the plugin is deactivated intentionnaly for a technical reason. Only the devs will be able to answer you.

Any advice from devs?

Max

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 06:40:43 am »
Any advice from devs?
I'd say its only a mistake. But I am sure killerbot has read this and will take the appropriate steps. There is no reason to remove this plugin, it works just fine.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 06:45:49 am »
yes I did, I will look into this. No idea what happened into that area, I will fix it.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 07:08:15 am »
I have fixed it, that zip file has become corrupted on my build system.

On the other hand :
View->Toolbars
It is not in this place, the entry is directly in the View menu, not in the toolbar subsection.
In the nightly of this evening all should be ok again.