Author Topic: Can't remove option -Wall  (Read 16484 times)

Offline bobc

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Can't remove option -Wall
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 02:22:26 pm »
Ok. Sorry to labour the point but I'm trying to understand how to use this. I can see that the root compiler was set the GDC. I didn't see -Wall set in there but when I changed the root compiler to dmd the -Wall option appeared and I was able to remove it.

I can now understand some of the advice I was being given. It hasn't really clicked yet why I would want different compilers for different sets of files in a project or how one would build a project with mixed sources except to go through and select each target and do a build. At the moment each of my separate compilation units is a separate project set up with its correct compiler and I just need to build the workspace. This obviously isn't the way people use C::B it's just what I'm used to.

bob

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 03:07:14 pm »
C::B supports "multiple projects" in two ways:

1. Use of C::B project with multiple targets and one or more virtual targets combining them (take a look at  the Codeblocks.cbp file to see how it is done) // I've never done such project, so I don't know the exact details
2. Use of multiple C::B projects inside a C::B workspace. // I use this approach

p.s. -Wall was missing because it is a supported option for gdc
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline bobc

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 06:13:35 pm »
I think I will stick to my normal multi-project method then. It's straight forward and I understand whats going on.

Is there any reason why the Wall option does not show up in the target under 'Other options' as its also not a valid option there but it is a set option.

Thanks for all the help. Sorry it took so long to get there.

bob

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »
I think I will stick to my normal multi-project method then. It's straight forward and I understand whats going on.

Is there any reason why the Wall option does not show up in the target under 'Other options' as its also not a valid option there but it is a set option.

Thanks for all the help. Sorry it took so long to get there.

bob

You should look into "Project -> Build options -> Compiler settings -> Other options" for th eproject and all targets.
Compiler flags that are not handled by the checkboxes in the "Compiler flags" tab should appear there.
In your case you should have been able to uncheck the appropriate checkbox in the "Compiler flags" tab on project level.

Offline bobc

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 03:31:04 pm »
I'm really liking C::B now. I've had to do a lot of compiler switching to work out how best to get my C and D application built. C::B has made that a lot easier than any other IDE I know of.

bob