Author Topic: some issues and requests  (Read 42910 times)

Offline blueshake

• Regular
Re: some issues and requests
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 10:25:13 am »
@all
here comes my good news.after my some days' work ,cc_branch can support auto_ptr now.see the screenshot.

Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 10:28:32 am »
once passed through  our (Loaden, ollydbg and I) test, I will release the patch. :P

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 10:40:25 am »
Thanks for your work.!!!!!
Loaden and I were too busy in the next few days, I suggest you can post this patch here, then more people can test it.
I will test it in the weekend.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 11:10:29 am »
this is great news, if you feel confident have Martin put it on the cc branch, so we can test :-)
on to the next smart pointer  8)

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 11:32:58 am »
this is great news, if you feel confident have Martin put it on the cc branch, so we can test :-)
done. :D

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 08:57:12 pm »
Sorry guys, I'm rather busy so I saw this just today. I've applied in to the branch, however - from my point of view this is untested, so be careful.

From a quick inspection of the code I realised at least one spelling mistake "tokenOperatroType" and method names like "CollectSS" won't really improve readability of the code. But these are probably minor things. However, I'd love to see them fixed.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 09:01:21 am »
I have tested on the original example, and all 3 smart pointers (auto/unique/shared) work marvelous.
Really great, well done  :P

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 03:00:52 pm »
Sorry guys, I'm rather busy so I saw this just today. I've applied in to the branch, however - from my point of view this is untested, so be careful.

From a quick inspection of the code I realised at least one spelling mistake "tokenOperatroType" and method names like "CollectSS" won't really improve readability of the code. But these are probably minor things. However, I'd love to see them fixed.

the class : NativeParser is too big, and contains many mixed functionalities, I would suggest to divide to subclasses.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 03:02:18 am »

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 03:22:35 am »
about the typo, and the readability,ollydbg had token over the job.let's wait for his good news. :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:29:31 am by blueshake »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 12:19:07 am »
Another feature request (question).

Code
std::vector<someclass>::iterator it = myvector.begin();
it->|

Does current code completion parse the overloaded -> operator?
Also does it show the methods/members of someclass, not the iterator's?

This will be event better improvement, because iterators are used more often than smart pointers :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 01:36:29 am »
I  will dig into it this weekend。

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 10:41:52 am »
Another feature request (question).

Code
std::vector<someclass>::iterator it = myvector.begin();
it->|

Does current code completion parse the overloaded -> operator?
Also does it show the methods/members of someclass, not the iterator's?

This will be event better improvement, because iterators are used more often than smart pointers :)

this is an excellent idea.

I have to say I have seen very nice improvements on the cc branch. It is really way better then before :-)
Congratulations to the cc gurus !!!

I do think I found something which is not 100% procent correct. It has to do with the CC toolbar/dropdown.
For example I have a file [c file in this case], so the scope say "global" : OK.
When I position the cursor in the different functions, the toolbar updates correctly, and when I select a method from the toolbar the cursor jumps to the function, all OK.
BUT when I position the cursor between 2 functions, the toolbar doesn't show a function [acceptable since we are in between functions], BUT the drop down list is empty. Since I was still at the global scope, the dropdown list should still contain all the functions. Right ?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 01:57:33 pm »
I have to say I have seen very nice improvements on the cc branch. It is really way better then before :-)
True, however, I am still facing random crashes. Unfortunately not always. They are of two kinds:
1.) a compiler error occurs and the file in question is opened by C::B automatically. Result: C::B either crashes or freezes. This happens to me often for winbase.h and/or cstdint (the latter only when NOT using the C0XX compiler switch).
2.) a compiler warning/note occurs in the logs and I click on e.g. a note which opens the file in question, too. Result is the same as above but it'll always crash, not freeze.

In both cases the trace log is useless unfortunately. In both cases it works when having CC disabled.

I told Loaden about this but unfortunately he cannot reproduce. He sent me a patch I should try for a solution (actually related to refactoring), but it didn't work.

So: Is it only me or can anybody else reproduce this, too? I am using SVN HEAD of the CC branch, no additional things.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 02:02:16 pm »
True, however, I am still facing random crashes. Unfortunately not always. They are of two kinds:
1.) a compiler error occurs and the file in question is opened by C::B automatically. Result: C::B either crashes or freezes. This happens to me often for winbase.h and/or cstdint (the latter only when NOT using the C0XX compiler switch).
2.) a compiler warning/note occurs in the logs and I click on e.g. a note which opens the file in question, too. Result is the same as above but it'll always crash, not freeze.

In both cases the trace log is useless unfortunately. In both cases it works when having CC disabled.

I told Loaden about this but unfortunately he cannot reproduce.

I have heard this bug, but I have never meet this kind of crash. I will try to test more project.

He sent me a patch I should try for a solution (actually related to refactoring), but it didn't work.
Currently, Loaden are testing his new patch, which is V25....(include the refactoring)  :D