Author Topic: help: codeblocks "script console" hides main menu  (Read 7331 times)

Offline bootstrap

• Multiple posting newcomer
help: codeblocks "script console" hides main menu
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:47 am »
Greetings,

After about one year away from code::blocks, I just returned to linux development and immediately ran into a problem.  I installed the latest version of ubuntu linux 10.04 (64-bit edition) and code::blocks 10.05 (64-bit edition) on my computer.  All this went well, once I found a webpage with appropriate instructions.

However, when I start code::blocks, a small mostly white "script console" window appears over the upper left corner of the maximized code::block window --- over top of the code::blocks menu bar.  Unfortunately, the so-called "script console" apparently has no title-bar and can't be moved... and therefore I can't even select items in the code::blocks main menu!  I don't even recall what the "script console" is (assuming it existed in previous versions), but I need to move it or close it to continue working with code::blocks.

I attach a PNG image of the desktop after I start code::blocks to show this dilemma.  Why is the "script console" designed this way?  How can I get out of this mess (close/move/hide the "script console"), so I can work with code::blocks?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: help: codeblocks "script console" hides main menu
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 02:38:14 pm »
Try this : http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9275.msg66141.html#msg66141
or ALT+v to open the View menu and then c to toggle the visibility of the script console.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: help: codeblocks "script console" hides main menu
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:14 pm »
I noticed this problem on Ubuntu 10.04. However I didn't notice it in my Fedora Box. Not sure; but it can be a Ubuntu related issue.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.