Author Topic: 1SDLmain not found...  (Read 9383 times)

Offline HeWasLikeAGhost

• Single posting newcomer
  • I am teh N8b
    • Myspace Page
1SDLmain not found...
« on: August 03, 2010, 07:15:00 am »
Well I tried to figure it out on my own, but I guess I'm missing something.

Every time I run my program it pops the command prompt, but the command prompt is blank.  As if it didn't read my code at all and it's your basic "Hello World!" program.  Lol.

I'm sure it's an easy fix.  Thanks in advance!
The point of living is surviving.

Offline reckless

• Regular
Re: 1SDLmain not found...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:29:22 pm »
missing SDL ?

use the devpack updater/installer in the plugins menu there are several versions go for the newest.

Offline HeWasLikeAGhost

• I am teh N8b
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:27:51 pm »
Lol.  I either can't find that under the plugin's tab (only 3 choices under it) or I'm looking in the wrong place bro.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:01:05 am »
under the devpacks.org community devpacks.

the devpack c++ primary one has been empty for years (plugin was originally used in another ide "devc++").

first time you use  it (considering if your in the right place) it will ask you where to setup the devpacks. point it to the codeblocks folder then it will ask if you want to have the path added to the compiler you need to say yes to that so it can find the installed libraries.

after that its pretty much just selecting what you need ;)

Offline HeWasLikeAGhost

• I am teh N8b
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:01:56 am »
devpacks.org was a phony site, but devpaks.org works.  I got there and it said that the downloads there could hurt my computer or change my files so I wasn't to down for that bullshit.  Lol.

Another thing... Why the hell would Code::Blocks come without something that you need to run your programs?  I have the last version before this and it was perfectly fine...

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:45:04 am »
cant say im not part of the development team, just trying to help here and there.

then again compiling a hello world example should not need anything but a compiler with standard libraries. that its looking for SDLmain had me a bit baffled, as SDL is more like directx.

i cant say for sure what might be the reason youre having problems newer encountered something like that before.

did you be any chance install the new codeblocks over the old one ? theres been quite a few mistakes like that recently and it does not work mostly because the mingw compiler that comes with it is a newer version and not compatible with the old mingw.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 10:42:11 am »
Why the hell would Code::Blocks come without something that you need to run your programs?
C::B will not ship with each and every SDK user might use (it's simply impossible). The wizards create stubs (projects) prepared for different SDK's for convenience. It's up to the developer targetting a specific SDK to install this SDK, obviously.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:44:40 am »
Another thing... Why the hell would Code::Blocks come without something that you need to run your programs?  I have the last version before this and it was perfectly fine...
C::B works pretty fine...

What kind of project do you build and run? SDL one or simple console one?
If it is the former try the latter to verify that your console is working.

Also some version info would be good to have (OS,CB,compiler)...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]