Author Topic: Cannot find resources  (Read 7660 times)

Offline Beckfield

• Single posting newcomer
Cannot find resources
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:36:23 pm »
I got C::B working on my Linux system, now I'm trying to get it up on my Win2k box.  Installation went fine, but when I try to launch C::B 8.02, I get the following message:

Cannot find resources...
Code::Blocks was configured to be installed in 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks/share/codeblocks'.
Please use the command-line switch '--prefix' or set the CODEBLOCKS_DATA_DIR environment variable to point where Code::Blocks is installed,
or try re-installing the application...

Setting the environment variable didn't help, probably because C::B is installed right where the message said it should be.  I wonder, though, about the path mentioned in the above message.  Note the forward slashes in the path.  That's not a valid path on Windows.  Could this be the problem?

Other older posts mentioning this problem mention a 'default.conf' file, but this file does not exist on my system.  I'm guessing it gets created when I launch the program, which I have not been able to do yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beckfield

Offline riban

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Cannot find resources
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:51:16 pm »
I had the same problem trying to get svn head to work so I investigated. This message is due to a file (resource.zip) not being available. This lives in <codeblocks_install_dir>/share/Codeblocks and is created by the script update.bat. This might fail if zip is not installed or (as in my case) you don't run this script!

Installing from the released installer should not cause this problem (and has not for me).

wain

Re: Cannot find resources
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:57:41 pm »
Quote from: Beckfield
I got C::B working on my Linux system, now I'm trying to get it up on my Win2k box.  Installation went fine, but when I try to launch C::B 8.02, I get the following message:
Cannot find resources...
I got same problem on Windows XP. It seems that C::B gives this error when installed in another directory than the default it suggests at installation.
I installed initially in another sub directory of Program Files, and I've tried many things with other sub directories, --prefix switch, and all that stuff, but always same error :(.

Finally I've used the default directory it suggests and it works now  :D.
I hope this can help if somebody has the same problem.

Windows XP SP3   C::B 10.05 (codeblocks-10.05mingw-setup.exe)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:59:32 pm by wain »