Author Topic: C::B 10.05 doesn't take into consideration a profile created by me  (Read 5473 times)

Offline Quentin028

• Single posting newcomer
Hi there!

According to User manual:

:arrow: http://www.codeblocks.org/user-manual

Quote from: User manual
CodeBlocks settings are saved as application data in a file called <user>.conf in the codeblocks directory. This configuration file contains information such as the last opened projects, settings for the editor, display of symbol bars etc. By default, the ’default’ personality is set so that the configuration is stored in the file default.conf. If CodeBlocks is called from the command line with the parameter --personality=myuser, the settings will be stored in the file myuser.conf. If the profile does not exist already, it will automatically be created.

I've created my own profile and I've called it 'MySettings'. When I ran C::B after that, everything was OK. But when I've ran it one more time, C::B has changed my profile 'MySettings.conf' to default - 'default.conf' (I can see the name of a profile in the right corner of the status bar).

Why did it happen ?

Best regards,
Michael.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: C::B 10.05 doesn't take into consideration a profile created by me
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 04:02:13 pm »
Works fine here.

Are you sure you have chosen the correct personality the second time ?
C::B always uses default.conf, unless you explicitely tell it (via commandline) to use another conf-file.

Offline Quentin028

• Single posting newcomer
Re: C::B 10.05 doesn't take into consideration a profile created by me
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 04:14:54 pm »
C::B always uses default.conf, unless you explicitely tell it (via commandline) to use another conf-file.

I didn't know that :P

Thx for help :)