Author Topic: Beginner Question - re: "One or more plugins were not loaded. . . "  (Read 8626 times)

Offline peacenik

• Single posting newcomer
First of all, I am a newbie about C++ and I have tried to find info about this by searching this board and the bugs ( http://is.gd/dawkU ). If I missed where to look and the answer is obvious, please excuse my ignorance and point me in the right direction.
I've built the application from source and when I start it I get the message:
One or more plugins were not loaded.
This usually happens when a plugin is built for a different version of the Code::Blocks SDK. Check the application log for more info.
List of failed plugins:
libwxSmithAui.so  

I tried rebuilding with different options for location since I'm using a non-standard location for " --prefix=" in the build configuration, but ended up with even more plugins not loading.
When I look in the "lib" folder the plugin ".so" and ".la" are both present.

The application log entry says "libwxSmithAui.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)"

My question has three parts:
  • is there a way to load the plugin after startup?
  • when the message says "This usually happens when a plugin is built for a different version of the Code::Blocks SDK," does that mean that the plugin can (or should) be rebuilt?
  • Is this something that I can just work around; is the plugin necessary? (Remember I'm a total C++ newbie and I'm just starting to set up).
Details of build/system:
source used: Code::Blocks 10.05 (codeblocks-10.05-src.tar.bz2)

Thanks for any help.
BTW is there an IRC channel for codeblocks?
edit: have since found #codeblocks on freenode - sorry
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:54:30 am by peacenik »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Beginner Question - re: "One or more plugins were not loaded. . . "
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 01:37:08 am »
Do you have just one installation of C::B is is there an older installation that might interfer.

If you build from source you can turn on an additional debug output atr the beginning of OnInit) in app.cpp, change the argument of wxLog::EnableLogging(false) to true, recompile, reinstall and run C::B again.
You will get some errors and warnings that can be gnored, but you will also (most likely) get more detailed information about your issue.

Offline peacenik

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:25:03 pm »
Thanks for your response.  
There is no other installation of Code::Blocks. I also delete the ~/.codeblocks folder at each rebuild.
After changing line 473 of codeblocks-10.05-release/src/src/app.cpp to:
"    wxLog::EnableLogging(true);" and rebuild/install I got the following error message (which is more specific:
12:39:42 PM: Resource files must have same version number!
12:39:45 PM: /local/package-codeblocks/usr/lib64/codeblocks/plugins/libwxSmithAui.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK12wxAuiToolBar18GetWindowStyleFlagEv
Unfortunately, I don't know what the "symbol" ("_ZNK12wxAuiToolBar18GetWindowStyleFlagEv") is. Can you help me with this? Does it have to do with the version of one of the installed libraries?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 08:28:07 pm »
What is the version of wxGTK and how it was built?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline peacenik

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:20:18 pm »
 wxGTK-2.8.11
Built from a script at SlackBuilds.org ( http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/libraries/wxGTK/ )
configure options: --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-shared --with-opengl --enable-unicode  --build=x86_64-slackware-linux-gnueabi

Offline peacenik

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 06:54:17 pm »
Update for benefit of anyone else who may experience the problem I talked about. It looks like the problem I was having was about the location of the executables in relation to the plugins. (I may not have said that right).
By making the "make install" line read: " make install DESTDIR=/path/to/install[/i] " all of the plugins and the application seems to load perfectly.
Thanks for the assistance.
Now to try to learn how to use this tool . . . .