Author Topic: CodeBlocks keyboard input really slow on Mac OS X 10.6.3 – Not sure why.  (Read 20761 times)

Offline AndreasO

• Single posting newcomer
    • adrastea
Updated to Mac OS 10.8.2 and still the same problem. :(

Offline Zillah

Hey,

after around 5000 lines of code the slow input gets really annoying. CPU1 is at 100% while typing. I already tested several settings/plugins but I still cannot detect the corrupt piece.

An alternative is running the x11 mac port version (see the wiki for installation instructions, but use "codeblocks" instead of "codeblocks-devel") which works flawlessly for me.

Best,

Zillah

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
after around 5000 lines of code the slow input gets really annoying. CPU1 is at 100% while typing. I already tested several settings/plugins but I still cannot detect the corrupt piece.
Can you try to profile it (Apple has a free tool Shark-something), so we can see where it is slow?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Zillah

Hmm thats a good idea, I will try to in the near future and I will let you know the results.

Offline fcorm

Same problem here. OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), Code::Blocks SP1 version (released Jan 2013), Code Completion plugin disabled. Keyboard input is tremendously slow...