Author Topic: Code::Blocks 10.05 has arrived  (Read 161686 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks 10.05 has arrived
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2010, 11:38:15 pm »
awesome!
why is the installer 70 MB (i think it was about 15 MB before)? just curious.
C::B itself is "only" 23.3 MB, the 70 MB installer includes MinGW.
One cause for the larger installer of pure C::B are the included docs.

Offline JayArby

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2010, 11:53:22 pm »
C::B itself is "only" 23.3 MB, the 70 MB installer includes MinGW.

right, but i used the mingw installer before, too, and it was substantially smaller, i think about 15 or 20 MB.
so maybe it's just the docs, then (must be some very long docs)?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2010, 12:09:23 am »
I meant the C::B docs, and they are included in both packages (of course).
So it's the MinGW installer.

mav

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »
Hi! I cannot download the latest codeblocks release as a debian package from berilos. Is there any mirrors on other sites?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2010, 09:13:47 am »
Hi! I cannot download the latest codeblocks release as a debian package from berilos. Is there any mirrors on other sites?
You can download the release or nightly packages from my repo.
For instructions see: http://apt.jenslody.de/ .

Offline Tobeus

• The Geek Reports
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2010, 05:36:16 am »
Yes, congratulations!  I am a newcomer to Code::Blocks, but I must say, so far it looks impressive.  I've heard a lot of good things, so I'm looking forward to my experiences with it.  Enjoy everyone, and happy coding!

cb_user

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2010, 09:12:27 pm »
please answer the question: where can I download code::blocks 10.5 binaries for Windows (berliOS server doesn't work)

upd. jens, thank you very much
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:59:58 pm by cb_user »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2010, 09:27:42 pm »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
UPDATE:

We have re-activated the downloads at sourceforge.net at least for the 10/05 release binaries.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

pjoseph

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 06:31:21 am »
Greetings,

The new release looks great.

I want to let you know that I was unable to download the debian 64-bit from sourceforge.  I was expecting an 18.8M file but only get a 3.3M corrupted file. 

Nevertheless, the version with the dbg's included downloaded just fine, and I probably would miss them anyway.  The wxSmith upgrade is also wonderful.  All kinds of new controls to play with.

FYI:  C::B 10.05 running fine on Xubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core, using wxWidgets wxGTK 2.8.11.0 and GNU gcc compiler 4:4.4.1.

Thanks again.

Paul

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 09:41:54 am »
I want to let you know that I was unable to download the debian 64-bit from sourceforge.  I was expecting an 18.8M file but only get a 3.3M corrupted file.
Thank you for pointing this out. I have re-uploaded that file, which should hopefully be complete now.

Unluckily, the upload mechanism at SF is not very reliable. I have 1Gbps upstream bandwidth and get between 50 and 100 kB per second on SF, about half of my uploads time out or fail otherwise. And, you never know if the server discards or keeps a partial file that failed. Common sense would tell you that if an upload failed, the server should always discard the file, but oh well. It's not what seems to happen.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline vodoomoth

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2011, 04:04:52 pm »
Hi all,
my question is specifically for the developers and the people who really make the project live, decide things or have their say in them: is there a reason why releases are so far in between?

Please, don't take it as a criticism, I just mean that I am puzzled by the release schedule (or apparent lack thereof). All the more since I built a trunk version and had a notification that some (I guess third-party) plugins like wxSmith or cccc are not loaded because of a version problem.

This is more of a question than whining so please don't go all out on me. Thanks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2011, 05:06:54 pm »
The not loading error happens, when a plugin is build with different version of the SDK, than the one C::B is using.
To fix this problem rebuild all contrib pluigns (using the appropriate workspace file).

Also if you're on windows you can use the Nightly builds.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline patheticcockroach

• PatheticCockroach.com
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2011, 09:55:07 am »
is there a reason why releases are so far in between?
Hi,

I do have the same question. On a personal level I really don't mind using the regularly released nightlies (I just switched to the April's one, actually ;)), but I know some people whom I just can't convince to switch or stick to Code::Blocks just because they "have those issues with the latest stable and [they] don't want to hear about installing something called nightly". So I believe this would be good for the project to release "stable" versions more often, even if those are just glorified nightlies (which are better than the 10.05 stable anyway). Well, just my 2 cents, as I said I'm happy with the monthly nightly for myself ;)

Offline Dreamy

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2011, 02:12:36 pm »
I think many of us, including me, agree with patheticcockroach. Releasing the "glorified nightlies" more often would definitely make Code::Blocks more popular.