Author Topic: Debian Code::Blocks package.  (Read 5706 times)

Offline JivanAmara

• Single posting newcomer
Debian Code::Blocks package.
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:41:34 am »
Hi All,
I'm moving to Code::Blocks and am a bit surprised to find it missing from Debian's package management.  Is there any particular reason for this?  If not, has anyone already started getting it added?  I expect it'd be fairly simple and am interested in taking this on.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Debian Code::Blocks package.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:01 am »
See the Jens' repo -> http://apt.jenslody.de/
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:42:01 pm »
Note that although it says "unofficial", that package is perfectly good. I'm using it for many months and do not consider ever compiling Code::Blocks myself again (well, not for actual use under Linux, anyway).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline JivanAmara

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 03:09:29 am »
I understand that the 'unofficial' package works, I'm using it myself.  I don't see any problems with it, so I'm wondering why someone hasn't gotten it added to the official repositories.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 07:15:13 am »
I understand that the 'unofficial' package works, I'm using it myself.  I don't see any problems with it, so I'm wondering why someone hasn't gotten it added to the official repositories.

Because not we can add it to debian, the debian guys themselves have to do it.

Read this for details: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=304570 .

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 08:14:34 pm »
Read this for details: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=304570 .

Wow after reading some of the post's I can see that debian bureaucracy sucks, after the problem with firefox where debian released a fork of it named iceweasel, because they don't wanted to include firefox logo (respect mozilla claims for usage, geez) I would never use debian again thanks God ubuntu exists (I now can understand why canonical also made a fork  :lol:) . To any debian user I would recommend using ubuntu better  :D in my humble opinion. You can even install nvidia propietary drivers easily, for what the heck a normal user would need gpl driver source code anyway he just wants a fully functional video card, same goes with flash player, etc.

Sorry for going out of topic  :(

Offline Halan

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 11:20:04 pm »
really? Codeblocks is not part of Debian? Ubuntu contains packages for Code::blocks. Sadly the ones form the 8.04 release, i hope there is a stable release again soon so we have the possibility to upgrade them.