Author Topic: It seems this project has not been built!  (Read 6113 times)

moltanem2000

It seems this project has not been built!
« on: March 21, 2010, 06:22:44 am »
Just decided to get into C++ an hour ago! huzzah! and already I'm facing multiple problems, i just installed minGW and my previous problem (wont go into detail because it's been solved) was solved! now however, when i try to compile, a pop-up says "It seems this project has not been built, do you want to do it now (yes,no,cancel)"

-if I press "YES" the pop-up dissipates then instantly re-appears
-if I press "NO" the pop-up dissipates then the Console pops-up, but instead of displaying "Hello world" it tells me to press any key, and when i do it closes

Even if i press the build button before compiling this still happens! any help?

EDIT: also, Using code:Blocks 8.02
and here's what it says in the build tab when i press build:
Code
Compiling: main.cpp
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions  -g     -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\share\CodeBlocks\World of Blogsworth\main.cpp" -o obj\Debug\main.o' in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\share\CodeBlocks\World of Blogsworth' failed.
Nothing to be done.

so obviously something's wrong, but i'm not learned enough in C++/Code::Blocks to know :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:26:37 am by moltanem2000 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: It seems this project has not been built!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:29:47 am »
Have you searched the forum for "It seems this project has not been built, do you want to do it now" ?
Probably no, because this is answered millions of times.
Also, please read the forum rules, especially the part about stating the versions of software you are using.

Probable solutions:
1. install newer mingw/gcc than the one coming c::b 8.02 if you're on vista/7.
2. put your project at a location/folder that has no spaces and any other strange characters
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]