Author Topic: Preparing Code::Blocks Release  (Read 115278 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Preparing Code::Blocks Release
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 04:35:55 pm »
The compilers you used in the past was broken or used Dwarf2; I have not tried lately to see if the issue still exists.
Usually every MinGW/GCC compiler released ships with its own version of exchndl.dll. So all you need to do is to use the same compiler for compiling wxWidgets and Code::Blocks and then ship the right version of the exchndl.dll. I am aware that we have an old version in the repo which is compatible for MinGW 3.4.5 only. For the release we will should use the right one. But I don't think we really need to compile this ourselves...?! :shock:

I do not think so; it took days to find the source code for exchndl.dll; maybe the next official MinGW release will have exchndl.dll; but, I doubt it. This support of the source code seems to have been dropped.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Dr.Optix

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • I'm studying OS Developing.
    • DrOptix Blog
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 07:08:02 am »
I'm glad to see that a new stable version is going to be released.

Congrats to the developers!
IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly / CodeLite Latest Stable
Compiler: TDM's GCC/mingw32
Blog: DrOptix.WordPress.Com

Offline ilcvm

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 09:32:47 am »
When you open two or more projects and there are some variable or function with the same name across different projects, the "Find declaration of " feature will return the wrong location or "not found" message sometime, even after you close the all the other projects. It will become normal when you restart CB with only one project.

Online ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 10:43:20 am »
When you open two or more projects and there are some variable or function with the same name across different projects, the "Find declaration of " feature will return the wrong location or "not found" message sometime, even after you close the all the other projects. It will become normal when you restart CB with only one project.
I guess this is an issue in CodeCompletion, but I have never meet this kind of problem.( because I always use only open one project at once :D).

When a project is closed, all the tokens belong to the closing project should be deleted. As in your case, these tokens were not deleted as expected, I think.

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Smitty

Re: Preparing Code::Blocks Release - Building the SVN version
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 03:22:26 pm »
I seem to be having some trouble building the SVN version.  I did a fresh "SVN update" last night, and still can't build because of some redefinition problem.  I'm at work right now, but when I get home, I post the details.

Offline Smitty

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 07:36:23 pm »
I have wxWidgets 2.9.0

$> ./configure --with-wxdir=/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/wxWidgets-2.9.0

Seems to work correctly.

Then

$> make

produces thismake[3]: Entering directory `/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/codeblocks/src/base/tinyxml'
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/include -I/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/wxWidgets-2.9.0/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.9 -I/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/wxWidgets-2.9.0/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -I../../../src/include -I../../../src/include/tinyxml  -Ulinux -Uunix  -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT tinywxuni.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/tinywxuni.Tpo -c -o tinywxuni.lo tinywxuni.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/include -I/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/wxWidgets-2.9.0/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.9 -I/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/wxWidgets-2.9.0/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -I../../../src/include -I../../../src/include/tinyxml -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT tinywxuni.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/tinywxuni.Tpo -c tinywxuni.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/tinywxuni.o
In file included from ../../../src/include/sdk_common.h:96,
                 from ../../../src/include/sdk_precomp.h:14,
                 from tinywxuni.cpp:2:
../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include/wx/wxscintilla.h:2211: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef long int wxIntPtr’
/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/wxWidgets-2.9.0/include/wx/defs.h:1110: error: ‘wxIntPtr’ has a previous declaration as ‘typedef ssize_t wxIntPtr’
make[3]: *** [tinywxuni.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/codeblocks/src/base/tinyxml'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/codeblocks/src/base'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/codeblocks/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This is Fedora 12 with all the latest updates.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 07:54:12 pm »
I have wxWidgets 2.9.0

$> ./configure --with-wxdir=/home/Smitty/dev/sandbox/wxWidgets-2.9.0

Seems to work correctly.

Then

$> make

This is Fedora 12 with all the latest updates.

Please do not use this thread for wx2.9 issues. wxWidgets 2.9.x is a development branch; not a release grade product.  Please start a thread somewhere else about this problem; note, the above error is sometimes an 64 bit problem so state your machine as 32 or 64 when you post; I suggest "General (but related to Code::Blocks)" sub-forum.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Smitty

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 08:08:40 pm »
OK, I'll revert to the current stable wxWidgets.

Offline 198710

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 05:08:53 am »
Visual Studio 2010 has been released,can anyone here reveal the exact release date of C::B?hope it not far away^_^

Offline ixfd64

• Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 01:43:52 am »
Are we talking about a "stable" release (not a nightly build)? If so, this is really exciting. :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work, y'all! :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:46:18 am by ixfd64 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 07:09:50 pm »
Yes we are talking about "stable" release :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline DevLord

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 06:08:03 pm »
This is a great news, after a long time without code, let's update our trunk and prepare to new release !

Thanks for all developers and testers :D

Offline 198710

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 02:33:49 pm »
The 4th logo(cb_splash_2_jgm.jpg) seems much better than others and I wish it to be the champion :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 02:28:09 pm »
The C::B trunk doesn't compile without pch...

distro: gentoo ~amd64

Steps to reproduce
1. svn update to r6205
2. ./bootstrap
3. ./configure --disable-pch
4. make

Code
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/obfuscated/projects/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/resources'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/obfuscated/projects/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk'
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../src/include -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I../../src/include -I../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -I../../src/include/tinyxml -I../../src/include/scripting/include -I../../src/include/scripting/sqplus -I../../src/include/mozilla_chardet  -Ulinux -Uunix  -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2  -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT projectfileoptionsdlg.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/projectfileoptionsdlg.Tpo" -c -o projectfileoptionsdlg.lo projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/projectfileoptionsdlg.Tpo" ".deps/projectfileoptionsdlg.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/projectfileoptionsdlg.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../src/include -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I../../src/include -I../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -I../../src/include/tinyxml -I../../src/include/scripting/include -I../../src/include/scripting/sqplus -I../../src/include/mozilla_chardet -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT projectfileoptionsdlg.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/projectfileoptionsdlg.Tpo -c projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/projectfileoptionsdlg.o
projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp: In member function ‘void ProjectFileOptionsDlg::FillGeneralProperties()’:
projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp:350: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct wxSizer’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/window.h:64: error: forward declaration of ‘struct wxSizer’
projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp:357: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct wxSizer’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/window.h:64: error: forward declaration of ‘struct wxSizer’
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline keenblade

• tao
    • keenblade
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 07:22:51 am »
The C::B trunk doesn't compile without pch...

distro: gentoo ~amd64

Steps to reproduce
1. svn update to r6205
2. ./bootstrap
3. ./configure --disable-pch
4. make
Exactly the same here with the gentoo using live ebuild. It only compiles if pch enabled.
C::B svn rev:6215.   Gcc-4.4.3.   wxGTK-2.8.10.1.  ~amd64.

Code
projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp: In member function 'void ProjectFileOptionsDlg::FillGeneralProperties()':
projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp:350: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct wxSizer'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/window.h:64: error: forward declaration of 'struct wxSizer'
projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp:357: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct wxSizer'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/window.h:64: error: forward declaration of 'struct wxSizer'
make[3]: *** [projectfileoptionsdlg.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/codeblocks-9999/work/codeblocks-9999/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/codeblocks-9999/work/codeblocks-9999/src/sdk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/codeblocks-9999/work/codeblocks-9999/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 * ERROR: dev-util/codeblocks-9999 failed:
Removing and installing wxGTK did not helped. Any idea?
Anyway it\'s all the same at the end...