Author Topic: Nothing to be done on windows7  (Read 17172 times)

Offline level7

• Single posting newcomer
Nothing to be done on windows7
« on: February 26, 2010, 05:32:27 pm »
hey everybody. i have a problem. even when i want to execute my code the error : "nothing to be done " appears. that never happened before i had windows vista. now i have the same compiler and everything else. settings and includes too. i reinstalled it some times. but without success. does the compilers and debuggers work on windows 7 ????please need help ( by the way : im german, so dont look worry about my mistakes =) )

Offline kencamargo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Nothing to be done on windows7
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:31:34 pm »
hey everybody. i have a problem. even when i want to execute my code the error : "nothing to be done " appears. that never happened before i had windows vista. now i have the same compiler and everything else. settings and includes too. i reinstalled it some times. but without success. does the compilers and debuggers work on windows 7 ????please need help ( by the way : im german, so dont look worry about my mistakes =) )

"Nothing to be done" is not an error; it usually means that whatever executable file you wanted to generate is already there, and its timestamp says it's updated wrt the source files... Check if you set properly a target for your project.

Ken

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:08:41 pm »
If you just upgraded to Vista; make sure your Compiler is Vista Compatible,

NOTE, the Compiler shipped with Code::Blocks 8.02 IS NOT Vista Compatible!

Tim S.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:10:25 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline level7

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 07:52:46 pm »
okay. i meant i have now windows 7 xd. okay but ken, i dont exactly understand what you really mean. but okay. you are rihgt. its not an error xd. this is my main error. (maybe so you couldnt help me well ) . : "Projectx - Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Skipping...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 10:14:32 pm »
level7, please follow the forum rules and do a search for "invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]" ?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 03:32:04 am »
I have no idea about fixing problem on Windows7. I used it just for a while but finally I don't think it fit to me at all.

I think c::b is quite easy to use. :lol:
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 03:36:25 am »
I think c::b is quite easy to use. :lol:

I agree, for people who knows how to use an Compiler and Linker it is easy.
But, for the ones who do not know how to program it is not easy.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline benkenobi01

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:23:12 pm »
nothing to be done happens when no compiler is installed or compiler not setup correctly

Offline ArbolOne

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 04:23:12 pm »
level7, please follow the forum rules and do a search for "invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]" ?

Humm, do you mean search for someone else's postings regarding the same questions. Well bud, I *AM following "the forum rules" and in doing so, I find you here saying the same thing, perhaps you should start postings answers and not just quoting regulations and/or admonishing those who are in need of YOUR help, comprende amigo?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 04:59:12 pm »
Yes, find a thread where there are answers to this question, but it will be hard ... most of the threads are finished with post link mine.

If you find the answer, please write a faq entry in the wiki, so next time I can post a link, to it...

Try this steps:
1. test the compiler from the command line
2. if it works, goto settings -> compiler & debugger -> compiler -> toolchain
3. verify that the path is correct (I think you've to remove "bin", from it) and that all executables are spelled correctly.

p.s. cross posting is forbidden, too
p.p.s.
However, the MinGW64/bin directory has been added to the "%path%" (twice!), once by the installer and once by me.
In an attempt to resolve this issue, I have change the toolchain in the "Settings->Compiler/Debugger->Toolchain Executables"  from the default "gcc" to "x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe". I did the same with the g++'s entries. But this did not change anything.
If I remember correctly, C::B is not using the %path% variable!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:01:12 pm by oBFusCATed »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]