Author Topic: Doxygen script plugin  (Read 65904 times)

Offline jomeggs

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Doxygen script plugin
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2009, 10:26:48 am »
Thanks, but my only intention was to understand the item...

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2009, 11:47:04 pm »
@killerbot

You've told that you've started with a doxgen plugin in the past. Maybe I can adopt some of your ideas for my new plugin. Better to do it in this phase than later when I've got everything ready 8)... So don't hesitate to send some short hints to me if you like.

Offline codeur

• Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2010, 10:46:22 pm »
This Doxygen script plugin is very useful!
Is it possible to write a modified portable version? I explain:

I am working with a portable Code::Blocks installation. The plugin of course works only on computers where Doxygen (and optionally dot.exe, hhc...) is on the path.

Portable CB would carry the doxygen.exe and dot.exe, etc... executables in a "tool" sub directory of the portable Code::Blocks installation, so the executables would be available wherever portable CB is used.

In order for this to work the script would need to be passed a parameter with the CB installation path (the value of inbuilt variable $(CODEBLOCKS)) so the calls to IO.Execute() in the script could be passed the full path to each executable.

Query:
I absolutely ignorant of CB scripting, but rather resourceful in programming. I feel I could write the modification to build the portable version if someone could explain to me how one can (if one can) pass such parameters to a script.
I searched the wiki, but did not find anything related to this.
Can someone explain how this is done, or point me to the relevant piece of documentation?

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:21 pm »
Hi codeur,

actually I'm coding a real doxygen plugin in c++, but this task will take a while, not much spare time on my side. CB scripting is a pain in the arse (sorry CB-developers, it's not your fault  :D ) cause you don't have access to everything you need. Or one won't find it in documentation anyway... Beside that, perhaps there is no need to pass parameters to the script. It should be much simpler to use some environment vars which are accessible from scripts as far as I believe.

In CompilerOptionsBase you will find the function GetVar(), that should do the job. Or be patient an wait for the real plugin. I will think about the portable version cause I'm a fan of portable apps too.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:15:01 pm by jomeggs »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
Doxygen plug-in
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2010, 05:34:40 am »

Hi Guys,

Inspired by jomeggs' script I have written a doxygen integration plug-in for Code::Blocks.

Please see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12052 for details.

Thanks for the script and the inspiration.

Gary.

Offline codeur

• Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2010, 08:26:59 am »
Thanks jomeggs for the help. I was going to try the environment variable solution over the week-end, but now that Cryogen has written a plugin, I'll of course try that one first.
Cryogen, your post is very timely. Thanks for the DoxyBlocks plugin.

Offline jomeggs

Re: Doxygen plug-in
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2010, 10:43:46 am »
Hi Guys,
Inspired by jomeggs' script I have written a doxygen integration plug-in for Code::Blocks....
 Gary.

Hi Gary, happy to hear that, saves lots of work for me  :D. I'm off for holidays now, will test your new plugin after return.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2010, 09:21:33 pm »

OK, cool. Enjoy the break. :-)