Author Topic: Build problem  (Read 26606 times)

perfunctory

Build problem
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:32:11 am »
Hi,

first the relevant info

I'm using Code Blocks version 8.02
My OS is Windows XP SP2
and I'm using the Gnu GCC compiler
Language used is C

Now for the issue at hand

MY problem is that I'll write out some code, build and run it which works fine, the first couple of times.
After about maybe 5 or 6 times compiling different code it stops building or running the code.
In the build drop down tab all of the options are greyed out and I realized that prior to the last time I successfully used the build button it was still compiling the code I had in the edit box.
So basically its stuck compiling I think. In the build log it says process terminated with status 0.
in the debugger tab it says compiler in use aborting debugging session.

If I close and reopen code blocks the issue is resolved but invariably after I use the build button about 5 or 6 times again it does the same thing again!

I don't know what to do...any suggestions?

Offline DrBwts

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Build problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:00:43 pm »
OK so I know this is an old topic but it was a persistent problem for me too. So if anyone else searches this forum for the same problem (like I just did), here is a solution.

For me the code would not rebuild (ie greyed out menu options) as long as the *.exe was still open ie you had forgot to 'Press any key to continue.'

Easily done, easily resolved.

D-Bugg

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 01:35:55 pm »
OK, I have a similar Problem, it sounds as if it is the same cause.
I did some debugging on a program and closed the program via the little close button in the compiler options, while I was running normally (not in compiler mode). But the compiler options stayed grayed out and I couldn't do any further compiling. The console window was gone and I couldn't use the compile option. And when using the "run debug" button I got a error message saying : "compiler still in use" .

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:17 pm »
To everybody in this thread you need to learn how to see if your exe is still running.

In Windows 7; CNTR+SHIFT+ESC brings up the task manger.
First look for your exe under the Applications tab.
If that is NOT in the list look for the CB Console exe will add the names of it later.

After, finding the Application, highlight it and click on "Switch To"

Do what is needed to close the Application that was switch to being current app.

If the problem, was fixed by the above steps it is NOT a Code::Blocks problem in my opinion.

If the problem still exists; it might be a CB Problem if your exe was NOT listed but, the CB console exe was listed.

In Windows 7; CNTR+SHIFT+ESC brings up the task manger.
First look for your exe under the Processes tab.
If that is NOT in the list look for the CB Console exe will add the names of it later.

After, finding the Processes, highlight it and click on "End Process"

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org