Author Topic: re: compiler settings getting corrupt  (Read 3819 times)

Offline mikejonesey

• Single posting newcomer
re: compiler settings getting corrupt
« on: January 21, 2010, 09:25:33 pm »
for some reason my compiler settings keep getting corrupt or dissapearing.

has this happened to anyone else?

it takes me 30+ mins to put in all my compiler settings, so this is extremely iritating.

I have tried a clean install, same problem.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: re: compiler settings getting corrupt
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:33:16 pm »
It would be really helpfull if you could provide more information:
C::B version, OS and version, what happens exactly, how to reproduce ?

Offline mikejonesey

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:51:45 pm »
hi thanks for your reply,

I'm using c:b v 8.02,

i'm on ubuntu karmic cola,

another strange thing is it is bringing up the compilers auto detection on ever startup now.

is there some add-on i can disable to stop this.

do you know where the compiler settings are stored, so i can backup the file / restore when this happens.

thanks for any help

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:02:26 pm »
Again my question:
what happens exactly, how to reproduce ?

hi thanks for your reply,

I'm using c:b v 8.02,

i'm on ubuntu karmic cola,

another strange thing is it is bringing up the compilers auto detection on ever startup now.

is there some add-on i can disable to stop this.

do you know where the compiler settings are stored, so i can backup the file / restore when this happens.

thanks for any help
The compiler settings are stored in default.conf (if you do not use the -p, --personality or --profile parameter at the commandline)  in ~/.codeblocks.

If the compiler auto detection pops up, look which compiler shows an empty installation path. After starting C::B, go to "Settings -> Compiler and debugger -> [the compiler with the empty path] -> Toolchain executables", try the autodetection, or put a dummy path into the installation path, if it is empty (e.g. /usr) and close the dialolg with OK, close C::B and restart it, the popup should no longer appear.

You can also try to backup the default.conf and remove the old file. C::B will generate a new default one, that should work.

Be aware, that the settings are saved (automatically) on (clean) close of C::B, not if you leave the dialog.

Offline mikejonesey

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 11:46:18 pm »
hi thanks for your replies, not sure how it occurred, will have a clue next time, but it seemed to happen upon editing / renaming multiple compilers at once.

I now have backups so am not fussed, i have grown to love code::blocks so this glitch is trivial.

Is code:blocks still under official development? (the latest official news post on the site was Friday, 21 March 2008 11:18)

Another wired thing is, i have installed it from the .deb files available for download from BerliOS which work fine, but my os states there is a newer version avalible via software sources / updates. Upon running this update i am left with a version which only had batch build options under the compiler/debugger options menu.

The only way to get back my compiler config menu is to do a complete uninstall then install the orig .deb files.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 05:12:47 am »
hi thanks for your replies, not sure how it occurred, will have a clue next time, but it seemed to happen upon editing / renaming multiple compilers at once.

I had a problem about a year ago when I renamed Compilers; but, was never tried to duplicate the issue. IIRC, I renamed a compiler from "a" to "b" and the copied an new compiler to "a".

Since then, I exit and restart Code::Blocks after renaming a Compiler.

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org