Author Topic: Multiple Compiler configurations in a single project?  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Conan Kudo

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Enano CMS Project
Multiple Compiler configurations in a single project?
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:48:23 pm »
Hello,

Is it possible to have a single project to support multiple compiler configurations for build targets?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Multiple Compiler configurations in a single project?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:00:06 pm »
Hello,

Is it possible to have a single project to support multiple compiler configurations for build targets?
Yes.
You can chose different compilers for each target.
Just right-click your project, click on build options and change the compiler on the target level.

I have cross-compiling targets with "normal" gcc for linux and i586mingw32-cross-compiler for windows builds, they all share the same (wxwidgets)-project, but have different target-specific settings (calls to wx-config, library search-paths etc.)

Offline Conan Kudo

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Enano CMS Project
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 01:22:18 am »
Hello,

Yes.
You can chose different compilers for each target.
Just right-click your project, click on build options and change the compiler on the target level.

I have cross-compiling targets with "normal" gcc for linux and i586mingw32-cross-compiler for windows builds, they all share the same (wxwidgets)-project, but have different target-specific settings (calls to wx-config, library search-paths etc.)

That's still technically the same compiler. I'm talking about gcc, msvc, and openwatcom configurations.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:31:19 am »
That's still technically the same compiler. I'm talking about gcc, msvc, and openwatcom configurations.
Yes, I am doing it. Just try as Jens said.

BTW: There is no difference whether it's a "same" compiler or not. Why should be??? :shock:
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ