User forums > Help

Importing MS Visual C++ projects

(1/1)

asp (without login):
Hello

I am trying to import a MSVC project, but CodeBlocks only imports one configuration. Is it possible to select which one I want to import?

Furthermore, when I compile the project with MS VC toolkit, I get this error from the linker:
fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'de\.obj'
I think it has something to do with the spaces I have in the path (Platform sdk is in d:\Archivos de programa).

Does anyone know how to fix this issues?

MrTAToad:
I'm having the same problem too :(
Here's the full compiler logs :

Project   : Win32 Application
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (called directly)
Directory : C:\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: default
link.exe /nologo /subsystem:windows    /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\lib" /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Lib" /out:C:\Win32GUI.exe   gdi32.lib user32.lib kernel32.lib  .objs\main.obj     
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.objs\main.obj'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

It seems as though the compiler isn't actually being called for some reason (and its path is correctly set up too).

Would like to know how to solve this.

zieQ:
Can you please fill a bug report with the offending project files so I could check what's wrong?

grv575:
It doesn't like putting a project in the base c:\ directory.  Guess windows doesn't treat it as a folder properly (but as a drive ...) in the offending function (haven't checked where it fails).  I get the same thing with cvs version.

MrTAToad:
Yes, that was the problem - as soon as I used something else, all was fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version