Author Topic: Ctrl-. does not goto implementation  (Read 4045 times)

Offline shoop

• Single posting newcomer
Ctrl-. does not goto implementation
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:49:55 am »
There have been previous questions about this on the forum, but no appropriate answers.

If I want to find the implementation of a function, I can use the right-click context menu. However, I cannot find goto implementation in the search menu, and (perhaps relatedly) it also does not appear in the list of commands for assigning a keyboard shortcut.The default shortcut Ctrl-. does not work. Is this a bug or is there anything I'm doing wrong? I really want a keyboard shortcut for this!

I'm using Code::Blocks 8.02 on Debian.

Thanks in advance!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Ctrl-. does not goto implementation
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:38:05 pm »
I'll give you the standard answer for the 8.02 user:
Please try a nightly or a self compiled svn version. 8.02 is quite old and lots of things have been changed/improved since then.

p.s. works here on both my installs:
1. svn debugger branch on gentoo amd64
2. svn trunk (5731) on arch linux
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 12:52:43 pm »
As oBFusCATed wrote, you either have to use a nightly or you can't have the shortcuts.
The appropriate menu-entries have been added in svn r5096, that was about 3,5 months after 8.02 was released.

Offline shoop

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:30:45 pm »
Dear all,

As oBFusCATed wrote, you either have to use a nightly or you can't have the shortcuts.
The appropriate menu-entries have been added in svn r5096, that was about 3,5 months after 8.02 was released.

I didn't realise the stable version was so old. I've just compiled and installed the svn trunk, which was a relatively painless prodedure.
It seems to work perfectly, including the ctrl-. shortcut. Sorry for being a code::blocks noob, and thanks for the tips.