Author Topic: Compile / Run / STOP!  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Compile / Run / STOP!
« on: October 19, 2005, 09:57:28 pm »
I noticed today that if I compile and run a project, and then switch to another project, I cannot compile or run it until I exit the application I ran. Is this intended behaviour?
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Compile / Run / STOP!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 10:23:26 pm »
I was going to say "Hell yes! Absolutely!", but looking at it closer, it is actually not necessary (unless Yiannis has another reason to do it).

The reason why I'd have said "yes" is that wxExecute called synchronously spins around wxYield, which can be quite nasty when done recursively.
But... the toolrunner uses system() to run your app synchronously, which is fine, and the toolrunner itself is called from the compiler plugin asynchronously, so this wxYield story of mine does not hold ;)

EDIT:
And here is the probable reason: The exit code of your application. If your application returned an "error" exit code, the IDE would have no way to show that to the user unless it keeps a list of process IDs mapping to names, which would be possible, but complicated. The way it is now, it is really easy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:28:40 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 10:40:52 pm »
I noticed today that if I compile and run a project, and then switch to another project, I cannot compile or run it until I exit the application I ran. Is this intended behaviour?

In short, yes it is intentional. Thomas is right.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:03:38 pm »
In short, yes it is intentional. Thomas is right.
Not a problem. Just wondering.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~