Author Topic: Suggestions & help, maybe  (Read 2245 times)

DARKGuy

Suggestions & help, maybe
« on: August 25, 2009, 07:35:19 am »
Hey :D

I've been following code::blocks for a lot of time ago, but I haven't used it as much until recently :). The changes are awesome though, the project seems so mature now :). Been using code::blocks now since 8.02 was released (no svn build though).

I've got a few suggestions that I would like to see in future versions of the program (and the sooner, the better! :D). One of them is a way to autohide the left and bottom panel. I like to work with my code full-screen, and when I need something I just hover the mouse over an edge and the panel appears so I can use it, then it hides when I move the mouse out. That would be really cool... VS2005 & 2008 have such feature, and I consider it even more useful than pressing a hotkey, since you're gonna use the mouse on the panel anyways...

Another suggestion would be... a suggestions & feature requests board! why this board does not have any? it would be useful so you guys don't have stuff like this scattered around :).

Taking suggestions apart, I've been experiencing a small weird problem with autocompletion. So far it's very similar to VS2008 (which I really like!) but it seems sometimes it takes too long into appearing, or getting the updated keywords in my code. Also, the scope seems weird, it seems it's only local, but not global to all the source files (at least classes inside namespaces should appear everywhere, just as long as the current scope is inside such namespace... just like vs2008). This is a bit confusing and I rely on autocompletion a lot so it would be a great help if it mimicked (sp?) VS2008's autocompletion (which is awesome btw, but code::blocks isn't far from getting past it ;) ).

I hope somebody listens to these suggestions and make them reality :D.

G'bye!

- DARKGuy